cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid URL:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

The problem is, that the hostname isn’t in the generated URL if we try to open an application which is called by another application. It worked two months ago, we didn’t change anything in the mean time.

Examples:

- Teamviewer, detailed view: we are in the teamviewer of the mss and try to call the detailed view.

- Reporting: The main selection screen works, but trying to execute it and open the result list raises also an error.

We get an error with “no valid URL” as you can see in the attached screenshots. You can see that in the url “http:///sap/.....” the hostname is missing.

Error message: trying to call the detailed view if an employee from the teamviewer

Reporting selection:

after clicking Launch Report,

First message: sap gui for windows can’t be opened, sap gui for html is used. The note says that something in the sso is wrong, but we didn’t find anything.

second message: no valid url…

Please let me know, if you know anything about this.

...Naddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naddy

Could you copy the URL, add the host name and then run it manually from an IE? Reason for my asking ... wondering whether it got to the URL character length. I know IE could accept 2000++ char URL address; but I am aware of some of very old SAP web application could only handle up to 256 char.

Cheers

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

The URL works after copying and adding the hostname. What could be the cause for missing hostname? anything to do with SSO settings?

...Naddy

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSO typically generates cookies; it's not known (at least for me) to blank out the Host Name.

If this is my system, I think the next step I will do is to verify whether this is a Basis\Admin level error or an Application Error (Launchpad or the WD- Web Dynpro ). --- My money would be in the former (Basis\Admin), so that's the 1st group I would reach out with. 

To check Basis error .. I would verify that the SM59 connection for NWBC (Type H, i.e. HTTP Connection to ABAP system) and make sure that the Target Host is specified correctly. The do a simple Ping to the Host ..

Also from the link your provide, this seems like a WD Application.  So I will probably try running from SE80 and see whether it could be executed.

Finally, I would add some manual entry into your Launchpad and see whether it could be run ...

HTH ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, the issue got resolved after adding the role SAP_RCF_MANAGER.

I am suspecting that below authorization was missing,

...Naddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are using NWBC meaning portal isn't involved? Test method URL_BASE of class CL_NWBC with the default values. Does the returned URL contain a host name and a port? If not, it is a basis issue and in that case you should ask your basis admin to look into it. If the host name and port are present, most likely it's a configuration issue of systems and respective connections as mentioned by Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli and Simon,

CL_NWBC->URL_BASE is okay. It gets hostname.

I am checking in SM59 and LPD_CUST settings. I couldn't find the System alias set for the MSS Report menu in SM59. I will continue to check and update you.

...Naddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naddy,

My guess is that the system is trying to do some sort of Object Based Navigation (OBN). If I were you the 1st thing I would do is run a trace. Turn on the verbose trace in NWBC client and also download and run Fiddler so that you can see the HTTP traffic between the NWBC client and the server. That should give you some clues.

The fact that the hostname is missing might suggest to me that the system is not correctly defined in SM59 or that perhaps the launchpad used (LPD_CUST) is missing the system from the configuration (I am not sure if this scenario is actually using a launchpad or not).

Anyway that's what I would do first.

Hth,

Simon