cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing IDX2 Idoc into PI Component version

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI newbie here again... i apologise in advance if my question is not 100% clear.

In PI ESB I have an object which consists of 2 Idoc structures i.e. for the sending system and our receiving system, and also the message mapping for this.

The idoc structure has been enhanced i.e. a segment has been added. For this purpose I have requested Basis to reimport the 2 idoc structures via IDX2 to relevant system. This has been done and in IDX2 I can see the new segment is there for both systems.

However when I go back to the ESB and look at the IDOC there, the new segment is not there.

I am also on the QA system. This is already correct on Dev, not done by me but by another person who is now on holiday. I do know however that there are no outstanding transports for this. I also have change access on QA.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The new IDOC is needs to import in PI ESR. once you import the IDOC you need to change/update the mapping (if required) and then transport the changes to next env.

Please refer the below help doc.

Importing IDocs and RFCs - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The IDOC metadata does get updated using IDX2, however the imported objects like IDOCs, RFCs if enhanced will have to be transported to your QA system from Dev and Required mappings if modified should also be included in teh TR

Regards,

Sriram