Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI For MacBook

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Yosemite on my macbook.  I download SAP GUI for Java. Then i tried to install but it's not workin' on my mac. How can i download and install Sap Gui for my mac?

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Okan,

I am using Yosamite right now and sap gui for java is working. But there is a problem with java gui 7.30 using in Turkish. So after you install the gui change your language to English, after that the gui will work. And if you change the theme of the gui to streamline it will also work in Turkish.

• SAP Managed Tags:
31 REPLIES 31

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is hard to diagnose "it's not workin' on my mac". More detail might help...

That said, Yosemite is only in developer preview stage at the moment, right? Public beta starts tomorrow, I think. It certainly isn't a supported platform for SAPgui yet, so you may find it doesn't work for a while yet. That depends on what the problem is, which brings me back to my first paragraph.

SAPgui for Java works perfectly on 10.9.4.

Steve.

• SAP Managed Tags:

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Okan,

Steve is correct. "not working" is not really helpful in these situations,and you can't really expect a developer OS to run correctly.

What would be useful in this case is a gui trace

See note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/326558

for how to create a bug report

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

i intsalled the app but when i click SAP GUI App, it doesnt work. There is no action.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Sounds like it might be a Java problem. Which JDK do you have installed?

I don't think you're going to get much help with this for the moment. I can't imagine many people have Yosemite installed as yet. One of the reasons these previews are made available is precisely because there's stuff that won't work, and developers need time before final release to get their apps fixed. I'm sure SAP will be working on this internally, if not now then soon, but until it is officially supported I'd be surprised if you'd get much help via OSS either. You're going to have to play around with this yourself.

Running a pre-release OS has its downsides. One reason my MacBook won't be running Yosemite any time soon. I can't afford to have stuff not work...

Steve.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information, I've just done a clean install of the Yosemite public beta, the Java v8 JDK and the SAPgui for Java 7.30 rev 8. Everything works perfectly as far as I can see, although admitedly I haven't done exhaustive testing.

I suggest trying again with the newest versions of everything and see what happens.

Steve.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Can you share me that download link? i mean Java v8 JDK and SAPgui for Java 7.30 rev 8.

Maybe i download from wrong sources? Will u help me if is it possible?

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Just ask Google - this is the first hit: Java 8 installer needs update to work on OSX 10.10 | Oracle Community

Steve.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Okan,

I am using Yosamite right now and sap gui for java is working. But there is a problem with java gui 7.30 using in Turkish. So after you install the gui change your language to English, after that the gui will work. And if you change the theme of the gui to streamline it will also work in Turkish.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hımm. İt's possible but firstly i have to find correct dmg files. Will u help me with this situation if it is possible?

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

You can download the SAPGUI for MacOS at http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Support Packages and Patches -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Frontend Components -> SAP GUI FOR JAVA -> SAP GUI FOR JAVA 7.30 -> Mac OS -> PlatinGUI730MacOSX_8-20008876.JAR.

Regards,

Matt

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Ok, i got it. Thanks. I am new guy at here. How can i download Java v8 JDK?

Should i install Java v8 JDK firstly?

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Come on.... use Google. "Where can I download JDK8" is a extremely basic question.....

Put some effort into it, I have no problems running SAP GUI Java Rev8 in Yosemite.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Which .jar file is true one? i tried to install "GuiStart.jar" but i get this,

Internal exception: java.lang.Error: posix_spawn is not a supported process launch mechanism on this platform.   

Any idea about this?

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

You're inside the JAR file. The installer is the JAR itself.

Open a terminal window, go to the download directory and then input this command:

java -jar PlatinGUI730MacOSX_8-20008876.zip install or

java -jar PlatinGUI730MacOSX_8-20008876.JAR install

Depending on the name of the saved file.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

The download from the service marketplace should give you a .jar file but it seems to download as a .zip instead. Just change the extension to .jar and then run it - it will install fine then...

Steve.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

i tried but i got this.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Read what is written on the screen: "Please check the installation log".

Look, one more "Help me because I'm too lazy to help myself" reply and I'm going to report this to a moderator and the thread will be closed.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

It's a good idea to paste the output of the log and then we might be able to help.

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Jude
Do you want whole log output or just error part?
This is the error part of log file:

############################# ERROR #############################

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: Internal exception during installation

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: java.lang.Error: posix_spawn is not a supported process launch mechanism on this platform.

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:105)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:94)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<clinit>(UNIXProcess.java:92)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1023)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.MicroTransaction.setPermissions(MicroTransaction.java:569)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.MicroTransaction.setPermissions(MicroTransaction.java:550)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.MicroTransaction.closeTransaction(MicroTransaction.java:188)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.installer.InstallationController.addInstallationImpl(InstallationController.java:293)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.installer.InstallationController.addInstallation(InstallationController.java:132)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.installer.Installer.doInstall(Installer.java:396)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.installer.Installer.access$200(Installer.java:65)

19.11. 22:36:26.475 ERROR: at com.sap.platin.micro.installer.Installer$1.run(Installer.java:428)

############################# ERROR #############################

My java version is 8 update 25

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Okan,

I have to say, I have never seen such errors before.

Do you have root permissions on the OS,and enough hard-disk and memory?

Did you run the command outside of the jar file locations

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Okan,

From your name I guess you are from Turkey.

Chances are the error is due to some Java bug affecting the Turkish users (due to the language).

Java error “posix_spawn is not a supported process launch mechanism on this platform” when trying to...

Regards

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Okan,

Please use SAP GUI for Java 7.30 rev 10 on Yosemite.

For the particular error "posix_spawn is not a supported process launch mechanism on this platform.", it looks like Java 8 update 40 will fix the issue. You might want to try the early access version available on JDK 8u40 Early Access Releases &amp;mdash; Project Kenai . SAP GUI for Java 7.30 does not officially support Java 8, but this seems to be the only possible solution besides avoiding TR locale.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Okan,

Please make sure you have fulfilled all the requirement listed in the note below:
----------
1758540 - SAP GUI for Java: Requirements for Release 7.30

----------

Best regards,
Cheng

• SAP Managed Tags:

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced with same installation error. It was a system language error. I changed MAC OS language to EN and it worked fine.

Just for info.

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Emre,

I am wondering why you faced the same issue.

Are you installing JavaGUI 7.40 rev 2 on Java 1.8.0_45, or which versions?

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

My macos version is Mavericks, J

JDK is 7

PlatinGUI730MacOSX_10-20008876

my language was Turkish and i got this strange error. When i changed language to English, it have worked. I think it's about turkish characters and prevent installation.

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Emre,

then I understand, this is a bug in the Java Runtime.

Just to let you know. Both SAP GUI for Java 7.30 and Java 7 are out of support. Please use SAP GUI for Java 7.40 and Java 8 update 40 or newer.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rolf for info,

I prefer using Java 7 because of some java application version conflict with PI etc.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Emre,

If you wish to use 7.40 JavaGUI, then Java 8 is mandatory for usage.

Unfortunately there is no other solution.

There are also increased security risks using an old runtime of any software.

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jude.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

You're very welcome Emre,

Best Regards,

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags: