cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy message not reaching PI 7.31 Single Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a proxy to proxy scenario and using PO 7.31 java only stack.

When we trigger the proxy message using sproxy transaction, it reaches the PO server and we are able to see it in Message monitoring part of Configuration and monitoring home. but when the ABAP technical team is trying to trigger the message using workflow, the messages are not reaching PO server, even though they are visible in sxmb_moni of sender ECC system with status as successful. no message are stuck in queues.

Note : Currently, In sxmb_adm, the RFC destination for "corresponding Int. server" is pointing to some other PI server. Also, under "Specific Configurations", the parameters "IS_URL" with category "RUNTIME" has been maintained with all the developer users and the required RFC destination of the correct PI server.

Now, my first query would be why the messages are not reaching PI server when triggered using the workflow from ECC, even though they are successful from sproxy. Secondly, Do I need to change the RFC Destination everytime we send the message from ECC to a different PI server.

Please Advise. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Instead of using the developer user ID as subparameters, use sender/receiver ID instead (which is configured via tcode SXMSIF.

Refer to my answer in the following thread.

You can also refer to section 4.1 of the document below:-

Rgds

Eng Swee

Message was edited by: Eng Swee Yeoh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I did created an entry in SXMSIF as per your suggestion and it worked.

But I didn't understand how was ECC able to send the messages successfully via sproxy transaction.:S

Thanks,

Faisal

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Glad to hear that the solution worked.

Regarding sending via SPROXY vs Workflow, my guess is that in SPROXY, it used your user ID, which was configured as a subparameter. Meanwhile, workflows are normally executed under a system user (WF-BATCH if I am not mistaken) and if that is not one of the sub-parameters, then it uses the default destination in "Corresponding Int Server". Just my guess, you can test out the theory if you want to.

Anyway, if your issue is resolved, do close this thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may help you i guess-

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check is SPROXY reflecting ESR contents/ or ESR is connected to ECC.

if not please do the following

Assuming you have created the connection to AEX - with prefix /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

in SM59 create HTTP destination to ESR

• HTTP Connection to be created to ESR.
    • Name=SAP_PROXY_ESR ( use this name only)
    • Target host= AEX system host
    • Service no. = port of AEX system
    • Path prefix= /rep

For your last query there is something called centralised connection- a good discussion was posted few days back about that

I have not been able to do this , but yes I am following that method of connecting only 1 PI server at a time for time being.

Regards,

Vikas