cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Import design objects' failed in PI ESR PRD (HA) but scceeded in QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Expert,

My SAP PI (ver. 7.31)has DEV, QAS and PRD. PRD uses 2 servers' Win. 2008 cluster for HA.

Issue description: 'Import design objects' failed in PI ESR PRD (HA) but scceeded in QAS

- I imported the design change file into QAS (export from DEV ESR: Tools-->export design objects..., then import into QAS ESR by Tool--> import...) successfully.   However, when I imported the same .tpz file into PRD, the process kept running but could not stop. I had to stopped it by my PC's win.task manager.  Then I accessed 'Administration' and cleared the 3 locks under my ID.   The same issue happened at my other colleague's (different account and .tpz file).

Then we did a full refresh cache ' Mapping Runtime Cache refresh (mode=F)'. But the issue was still there after the refresh. As PRD's HA is the only difference from QAS, we suspect it's related to the issue. I sent message to SAP just now.

If you have advice or could be of any help, pls let me know. thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cherry,

Follow the SAP Note provided by Mark smith to fix the issue.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the note 1345425 Skip Import and auto Activation feature for XI transports. In particular the Exchange Profile parameter 'com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.transport.import.overwriteMode'.

If not set to True, set it to True and retry the import.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank Mark and Hanumantha!

I checked 'Exchange Profile parameter ' /Aii properties in Administration. But I could not find the parameter record of 'com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.transport.import.overwriteMode'.  It doesn't exist.

The note 1345425 doesn't mention version 7.31 either.

I think I can add this parameter to 'exchange profile parameter'. But it need restart PI system to make it take effect. I need schedule the restart operation. After restart, i need monitor the import. It might work after system restart, might for the parameter change.

thanks and will update later!

Cherry