SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation of Account Assignment Elements for already existing PO/PR in SAP before activating FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need some help on derivation of Fund Centre for already existing PO/PR in the sysstem before activating Funds Management. The issue is when we have not defined any derivation strategy for automatic derivation of fund centre for direct PR/PO but we have decided to go for manual populating the fund centre in PO/PR for account assignment category 'K' (Cost Centre). I know one option is to populate all the account assignment before go-live as a migration process but I have some more scenarios below where some account assignment field is greyed out.

I have some scenarios as below:

1) PO where 50% of delivery has been done and 50% is left for a line item in PO. When we have done partial delivery for PO line item the fund centre field is greyed out and we cannot change it. Also in MIGO_GR all the fields in account assignment tab is greyed out hence there is no way to populate the fund centre manually. There will be no issue if we have derivation startegy but how to tackle this if we need to populate manually. Is there any way to make fund centre field changeable.

2) There caan be scenario that as per the logic we need to populate the fund centre manually in PR/PO. During the Go-Live there are some open PO/PR and user will continue doing their GR/IR without updating the PO/PR with fund centre and the field Fund centre is greyed out during GR so how can we populate the fund centre unlesss we have populated in advance for all PO's.

3) I have a PO and I have done partial delivery in wrong fund centre.Is there any way to transfer that PO from wrong fund centre to correct fund centre. Means is there any way to repost the transaction from one fund centre to other. I know there is a way to transfer budget from one fund centre to other but I am not sure how to correct the actual postings. Like we have this functionality of Reposting in Controlling. It might happen that after the go-live business has defined a wrong derivation strategy or has populated wrong fund centre in the entry and now they want to correct the same.

Please guide as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rohit Goel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have FM assignment populated, you have to use FMCN transaction.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have FM assignment populated, you have to use FMCN transaction.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for reply.

When I try to execute FMCN it works but it is not updating anything. For example I have a old PO where there is no Fund Centre I have executed FMCN using the option Default fund centre and it got executed successfully with a lof saying sender fund centre 'Blank' and receiver fund centres as I have given in selection screen but when I went into PO still the Fund Centre field is blank and When I did the GR as well it is not picking.

Also the same situation happens if I want to overwrite the Fund Centre means overwrite the incorrect fund centre in one PO to a correct fund centre, I executed the transactionFMCN with default Fund centre and ticked the option overwrite the existing fund centre it does executed successfully but there is no update in PO.

Also I posted one FI document with incorrect fund centre and tried to correct using this transaction nothing happened to FI document but transaction FMCN was executed successfully.

Please advise me if some configuration is missing or some pre-requiste is required to execute this transaction.

Regards

Rohit Goel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMCN only creates the worklist. You have to execute it afterwards with FMCT transaction.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Once again Eli!

I need to clarify one more thing that as per my understanding this transaction cannot change the fund centre in FI postings. For example I have posted one FI postings using transaction F-02 using fund centre F1 and FM document is generated with fund centre F1 and now I want to change that fund centre to F2. I used FMCN and FMCT transaction it do update the FI document with new fund centre but it does not affect the FM postings and in FM the funds are still being consumed in F1.

Please advise me if I am correct!

Regards

Rohit

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMCN is mostly used for documents before FM activation. For already posted documents, you'd better use FMCB for particular reassignment or FMCG for massive one through reassignment strategy. Remember to run FMCT for all of these processes.

Also, sometimes, after the reassignment it is essential to run FMAVCREINIT transaction to initialize AVC ledgers.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Eli!

Finally we reached to solution!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry One more Question. I was referring to report FMRP_RW_BUDCON and FMB_PL01. FMB_PL01 shows the correct balance after reassinment but the other report still shows the total amount as before re-assignment but when we double click and go to line items it shows correct amount.

Is there any reason why FMRP_RW_BUDCON report is not showing the correct amount.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you run FMAVCREINIT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli Once again! Problem resolved by running the transaction FMAVCREINIT!