Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India VAT and Service Tax on a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

In the past it didn't request VAT tax and Service Tax on a item together, it works on VAT tax on a Sales Order, or works on Service Tax on a Sales Order in SAP

Now I am testing the scenario for India that requests both VAT tax and Service Tax on a Sales order for one item, I have maintained ZWS3 (VAT Payable) on the first Key combination (Country/Plant/Region/Material) and ZWS5 (Service Tax), ZWS6(ECS on Svc Tax) and ZWS9 (SECS on Svc Tax), the region of Customer and Delivery Plant are the same.

But when I placed the order, it just picked up the Service Tax only, I don't know why ZWS3 can not be picked up for VAT calculation, when doing the billing and reviewing the accounting entry, it just had the Service Tax payable.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii  Dear,

For this type of tax,

firstly u should open the Sales order and then click Sold to party (customer No.) and then click Billing document TAB

then,  click the Alt.tax classific.

Now use F4  and choose the Tax Classification as your requirement for VAT and CST. in India....

Regards,

Vikas Singhal

0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas,

It still doesn't work, I got the yellow (inactive) on ZWS3 (VAT) Condition.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to sale order condition tab and click on "Analysis" tab.  There again, place your mouse on VAT condition type so that a screen will appear to your right.  Share that message what you could see there.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

I think you want to check the Details on condition type for VAT.

There are four access on this condition type, as I mentioned, I maintained the condition record on the first key combination, please see the details as below.

Condition Type   Message      Description

ZWS3                208              Condition record has been found

Access             Message      Description

025                   208               Condition record has been found

028                   230                Access has bot been executed due to previous access

030                   230                Access has bot been executed due to previous access

040                   230                Access has bot been executed due to previous access

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Go one step further.  That is after placing the mouse on that condition type, a message would appear which you have already shared.  Subsequently, you also place your mouse on the condition record table which would flow below the condition type so that system will show as to why the value is not flowing.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thank you again!

I think you want me to put my mouse on Access 025, then it shows. As my understanding, I don't see any error on this.

Access Details 025 (ZWS3)

Condition Type   Message      Description

ZWS3                208              Condition record has been found

Access (Complete)

Field in Condition Table    Field in Document        Value in doc.

Country                              Country                           IN

Plant                                  Plant                              P863

Region                                Region                            13

Material                              Prcing Ref. Matl               1678994

Serv. rendered date                                                    07/23/2014

0 Kudos

I think, the issue is in your access sequence table.  First check what access sequence is assigned to that tax condition type.  Next go to V/07, select this access sequence and see that the check box is selected for all the combinations.  Also ensure that the condition record is maintained only for one combination in FV11

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thanks! The configurations you mentioned above are okay.

It works on VAT or Service Tax separately on Sales orders, but when it requests both VAT and Service Tax together for a item in a Sales Order, it just works on Service Order - this is my issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

If nothing working - Please debug the issue and save time.

regards

manu