cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail can support multiple mail attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a scenario mail to proxy i never work on before this interface i have some open point will you please clarify,

1. Through mail server 6 vendor hit Pi randomly with different file format(Excel,Pdf,Csv),  is it possible if it is possible how Pi handle this.

2.Suppose 6 vendor hit Pi at a time how Pi handle this is it possible? how the Pi post data in to R/3 System in single file or multiple file.

Regards,

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

1. It would not be possible to handle different file format at once because only one conversion we will be using in sender comm. channel.

2. It would be better if we receive the required format as an attachment in mail in xml format. One attachment in one mail.

3. Each mail is considered as single message in PI and that data will be posted to R/3 system.

4. Applying some rule in mail server also helps in processing e.g. rule to check invalid mails and moving it to some other folder.

Regards

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitender,

Thanks for given valuable information if it possible post any blogs regarding this requirement 

Former Member
former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, each email from mail inbox(server) will be pulled as one message by PI. So the answer to your questions is: yes it is possible

BR,

Praveen Gujjeti

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

1. Through mail server 6 vendor hit Pi randomly with different file format(Excel,Pdf,Csv),  is it possible if it is possible how Pi handle this.

--->>> You need to decide the file format with sending system. and based on the file format the scenario will be design. It is very difficult to handle different file type in one scenario.

2.Suppose 6 vendor hit Pi at a time how Pi handle this is it possible? how the Pi post data in to R/3 System in single file or multiple file.

-->> PI will deliver the message one by one. either you can transfer the attachment to R/3 or transform to XML format.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

It's really help full information if it possible can u please send me any link or blogs regarding to mail adapter