cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to throttle a Queue 7.31 single stack.

jonvaughan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All, I have an interface where it is possible for thousands of messages to arrive at one time.

However the backend system cannot handle all the messages together.

We want to restrict the message throughput for this message type. What options do we have ?

Scenario is external web service to proxy in an SAP EM system. We are using single stack 7.31.

Cheers

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Just a few question before I try and give you a solution.

1. PI handles the load successfully correct? But SAP EM is struggling to handle al the messages coming in via Proxy?

2. What is the error that you are getting in SAP EM?

Please see a few links below.

jonvaughan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Janus,

Yes it is the target EM system which is having problems handling peak loads.

The problem is some very slow processing when a combination of states occurs with linked events from multiple sources. While we are working on solving this issue we would like to reduce the peak load being passed to EM via PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you to use max receiver parameter (in case ur PI version > 7.31 SP11 then u can change that property per interface) which will limit the number of parallel execution of messages in PI for that particular interface.

1916598 - Configure receiver parallelism per Interface in Messaging System

Secondly, u can also use interface specific queues for receiver proxy system (in case u have required releases as mentioned in the note) so that slow processing messages of a given interface won't block other business critical interfaces.

1802294 - XI Runtime: Interface-dependent receiver queue

Thanks

Amit Srivastava