cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans import

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does a R3trans import of a table perform and append or an insert?

While I was performing a R3trans import of a table, my database ran out of space and the process stopped. I need to restart the process, but I do not want duplicate records in the table. If R3trans uses insert I won't have duplicate records

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does that table has any primary key ? If not, then....

Changes made by R3trans must be logged. Take those SQL out, put them in a deletion script and run a reversal.

Once done, re-import your table.

Divyanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Bondy,

R3trans Export and Import of tables:-

During Export of tables,R3trans will call the control file which is mentioned in the command line

"R3trans -w log file export control file"

Delete statements mentioned in export control file are not sql statements. Its only active while doing import.

•    While exporting these delete statements get added in the created dump file

•    While importing it will delete the contents of respective tables and then import

For more details - export control file of R3trans SAPnote 130906 - How can versions be transported?

For more details on R3trans export and Import  Sap Note:1942

So in your case,check whether you have used delete statements in your export control file.

If delete statements are present in export control file,while importing it will first delete the current entries of table and then import.

If delete statements are not present, the entries will get appended.

Hope you got some information

Thanks,

Needu

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TMS imports of table contents depend upon the primary key to uniquely identify each row.  So, if the import finds existing rows with an identical key, it will update those rows with the matching imported rows.  If it doesn't, then the new rows are inserted.  So, basically, repeating the import shouldn't cause duplicate rows, and if it does, the database interface will stop it with a duplicate rows error in any case.

Regards,

Matt