Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Excel SAP 9.0 Issue

former_member196697
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For some reason exports from SAP to excel cause the format of the excel to be in Text format.  As in characters don't export correctly.  For example when we have special characters like apostrophe's or other special characters, the characters are spelt out instead of the actual symbol itself:

Albert's changes into Albertapos;s and AT&T converts into ATamp;T.  I'm not quite sure what could be causing this but numbers are also converted into text format too so the formula's in the background do not work until we change the formatting of the cell.

Regards,

Sarith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196697
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I ended up figuring this out.  Although I forgot to mention that this was for a OnDemand Environment for a multi-tenant atmosphere which the server acts as a presentation server.  Anyhow there's a registry key setting under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAP Manage that needs to be created called DirectExcelExport with a DWORD value of 1.  For whatever reason the value of 1 caused excel to export incorrectly in the Text format shown above.

Otherwise switching this value to 0 allows SAP to export to excel in the correct format.

Regards,

Sarith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarith,

What GUI you are using?

Regards.

Rajkumar

former_member196697
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

The server is 2008 R2 with Microsoft Excel 2010.  SAP 9.0 PL11, just a simple export to excel function within business one.

regards,

Sarith

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarith

Could you apply the latest service pack of MS Office 2010

BR

SS

former_member196697
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Excel is service pack 2 which I believe is the latest version for 2010.