SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Tax G/L account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I would like to know how the tax Gl account was determined while a FI-CA document is posted?

In my system  current configuration the tax code is not assigned at sub trascations level but whene ever FICA docuemnt is posted the Off-setting GL items are created which inculdes tax GL accounts too.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

KRG

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh.

Have you checked the posting area 0010 (transaction code FQC0)? There you can define general ledger accounts for the tax determination you defined in FI-CA.

For easier finding the right determination, first check the posted documents and its main and sub transaction as well as the tax code. Then check EK02 to see which tax determination has been assigned to which main and sub transactions. Then check IMG - Financial Accounting(new) - Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable - Basic Functions - Postings and Documents - Document - Maintain Document Assignments - Define Sales/Purchase Tax Determination to see the link between the tax determination in FI-CA and tax code in FI.

Hope it helps.

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

I had checked in my current SAP environment, but we haven't maintained in the posting area 0010 for the tax determination.

More over in EK02 also we haven't maintained the tax code. May be there might be a different approach in determining the tax realted GL accounts.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts/inputs how to figure out .

Thanks for your help..!!

-Rakesh.K