cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to configure an Event Data Source in PC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i tried unsuccessfully configure an Event Data Source. I maintain in the SPRO, the Event Type, the Partner, and the Version with it's fields. But when I push the Query Lookup button, SAP doesn't found any event type created.

What can be the problem?

I hope you can help me.

PD: Please, explain step by step, don't omit any step because you think it's trivial. No everyone it's an expert ^^

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet, I appreciate the help, but, have you read at least the document? I post here because I don't found a solution in the internet. This pdf is one of the first you find, and don't explain anything of event data sources more than a simple overview. Please, if you don't know the solution, don't throw random documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take it easy Borja,

We all are here to help each one of us with whatever source of information we have. Sometimes, the suggested soluions would be suffice to overcome the issues, sometimes not. I didn't claim that the document has the solution for your issues but recommended you to refer, if the solution is not there the we can always look forward for others to provide the inputs on the same

Ok, so have some patience and respect towards to the community members.

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Borja,

you raised a question and Ameet tried to help you with a document which describes some basic configuration steps. Please be aware that everyone in this community helps voluntarily and uses freetime to help others. So his answer was absolutely correct and necessary.

Based on your information given in your initial post we cannot know your settings or e.g. what SP level you are. So please be careful with your words as it might also keep others from helping you.

To get sufficient answers you have to provide enough information that others can understand your problem/question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I admit that the answer might be a little direct, but I have not disrespected anyone. I know that the information was shared with good faith, but is a little frustrating since don't have relation of the problem exposed in the post.

The SP version is 14, and the GRC version is 10.0 but I only want a Step by Step configuration from the beggining of a Event Data Source since I'm pretty sure that don't work because sure i skip some steps.

For example, I can't find any information of how I can correctly define the Processor of an event (In SPRO > GRC > Common Component Settings > Integration Framework > Event-Based Monitoring > Define Event Definition

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Borja,

as I am not a PC expert I am struggling with an answer. Did you follow the documentation from IMG?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm recently found this guide (https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735637&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...) but some steps are not clear (I don't know why SAP is always so cryptic with its manuals T.T) like the definition of the Processor of an Event like I said before.

I'm pretty sure is not a bad installation or configuration issue, only that I don't following the correct steps.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Borja,

Were you able to solve the original issue you were facing? I think you missed to do configuration under 'Define Event Definition'.

Regards,

Smita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, to be able to do that step, first I need to define correctly the Processor of the event. Do you know how to do that? The guide don't explain anything about that.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Borja,

Just the below entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks! That is very helpful! What is the criteria to choose the class? Or always is that? I like to understand the decisions and don't only follow a certain steps.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Broja,

I understand. But at times you need to do somethings mechanically.

Anyways, it can be any class that implements the interface 'IF_GRFN_EVENT_PROCESSOR' but I have never seen anyone who have implemented their own zclass and things have worked.

Regards,

Smita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last question, I think it's done.When you define the fields of the event, How you connect them with a real table? I think the key is in the field "Ref. field ID" isn't right?. I want to made an event data source when the rows in the table UST04 changes,

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Broja,

Consider the fields as the fields of a function module. You can define it as per your requirement.Event is a dynamic FM which can process a dynamic list of importing fields. Just as an example.

No, the reference field only takes reference from teh fields defined in this spro setting and not from table.

In your case when the table UST04 changes you need to call the function module   'GRFN_EVENT_RECEIVE'.

Regards,

Smita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I understand. Not exists an automatic call in all tables each time it updates, you must do it manually. In what function/module I need to add the call to GRFN_EVENT_RECEIVE?

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to write your own program for it. Basically, the requirement you have, can be achieved by other Business rule subscenario type Configurable. Have you considered that? And that too with very less effort.

Event was created for non sap systems. Thats why there is partner field in the configuration. Its not for scenario which you have stated.

Regards,

Smita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I made a Configurable Datasource without problem, but those only allow a Data type Control not a Event triggered control, right?

It's no strong related with the initial issue, but with the configurable the rules work fine and show 181 deficiencies like it should. I want to know is any form that to assume part of those deficiencies (and that they don't show again in the monitoring result), for example, 150 of those deficiencies are known and are right, but the other are true errors, I like to mark the good as good, so they don't trigger again as a issue.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right , control of that type willl not be event triggered.Have you tried using the filter as change date. Only in particular period will be picked up.

Regards,

Smita.

Answers (0)