cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown exception while creating Item: PPM 5.0 (SP11) + NW 7.41 SP03 + ECC 6.0 EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we recently upgraded from PPM 5.0 SP 9 to SP11.

Along with that we did below updates as well.

NW 7.02 SP10 --> NW 7.41 SP03

ECC 6.0 EHP5 --> ECC 6.0 EHP7

During creation of Item we are getting below error

Exception occurred in the update of the application object

Some points I have checked already:

1. New configuring: the complete new set of configuration right from New Portfolio type to item type and related master data.

2. Authorization: I have ACO_SUPER and also ACL access ADMIN and Write at Portfolio and Top bucket, which shows as Inherited. tried adding Create manually at lowest bucket.

3. Old Portfolio's (before upgrade): face same issue for new create however the old ones I can update and save works fine.

4. Basis: There is no Trace we could find relevant, No ST22 dump.

5. Trace: show CuaOwnLuwErrorReset which Im not sure nor is our Basis guy.

6. Market place: Tried searching service market place for CuaOwnLuwErrorReset, No use, tried with spaces too.

7. Basis: Tried verification of Database tables

8. Old Items > Financial Planning shows dump at CX_RPM_DB_UPDATE, developers are checking it out.

9. Developments: No BAdI is called during save.

Any pointers highly appreciated

Rgds,
Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Few questions..

1) Is this issue persisted before upgrade also?

2) Have you enabled automatic project creation in the item type?

a) If yes, then can you check with an item creation where automatic project creation in not enabled.

b) If issue persists only with automatic project creation,then are you trying to create PPM project or PS project?

c) If PS project, can you check for the object links RFC connections?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for the pointers. But from configuration perspective its all good I believe.

Answers in bold

1) Is this issue persisted before upgrade also?

NO. Earlier it was working fine.

2) Have you enabled automatic project creation in the item type?

a) If yes, then can you check with an item creation where automatic project creation in not enabled.

Already tried creation of Item only. Same error. With Check box or without. With template or without.

b) If issue persists only with automatic project creation,then are you trying to create PPM project or PS project?

PS is not in picture now, as its linked to release strategy of cProjects (PPM project)

c) If PS project, can you check for the object links RFC connections?

The cProjects (PPM project) and PS RFCs are fine. We are on same server so its all good. NONE is what is verified in SM59 already

Rgds,

Niranjan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

May be some issue with standard classes & methods, better to raise OSS message with SAP.

Regards,

Ravi

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Update errors can be seen in SM13.

The upgrade may have caused inconsistency in data/number range. You may have to raise it to SAP.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

The updates are active. I was not aware @ SM13, though Basis had confirmed about this.

Thanks..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Anuradha..

Let me check and get back.

Rgds,

Niranjan

Message was edited by: Niranjan Dandekar