cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am trying to connect a GRC system in environment with en ECC.I have created the connectors and they were working properly until today.

Now, I launch an automatic control and the control tester does not receive the message for testing in his work Inbox and I get the message "Communication failure with remote system XXXXX. Communication system error in transaction SLG1.

Can you help me??

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The issue is due to the missing authorizations for trusted-RFC.

You can test for the authorization in SM59.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your response.

I have test the RFC and I have test the "RFC Connection Test" in SM59 in GRC system and I don´t get errors. Any other idea of what can happen or how to look for the missing authorizations?

Moreover, when I plan automatic control testing, I got the message "Field Id 0000003 does not match the field ID in connector XXXXX" in transaction SLG1. Please check the image attached.

Thank you!!

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you need to trace authorization on RFC user (backend system) using transaction ST01.

It looks like missing auth - for example check with your basis team if their migarate / change IT environment settings. Also RFC user authorzation maybe updated/changed recently.

Hope this will help,

FIlip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip!

Thanks for your help!

I have done the trace and the problem is not coming from object S_RFC as I have an * in all the fields.

I am the responsible of the RFC User in backend and GRC system. So, I have added them the authorizations to work.

When I create a business rule based on a configurable Data Source, the ad-hoc query is run without problems.

So...any idea of what can be happening?

Thank you so much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If the RFC connection test is successful then there is no need to run for the missing authorizations.

Could you please check for these settings...

spro-->GRC-->Common compnent settings-->Integration framework-->Maintain connectors and connectin types

Then highlight SAP and click on define connectors and maintain the associated connector.

Then slect the connector which you just maintained and then define the subsequent connector.

Then under define connector group assign the connector in ―AM‖connector group

Next choose Maintain Connection Settings

Choose ―AM‖for automated monitoring

There  are different types of data sources and business rules supported in PC 10.0

To create a specific data source type for a system to be monitored, the corresponding connector must be ―linked to that sub-scenario. Select the sub-scenario you want ,If the connector you want to use for that scenario is not already in the list for that sub-scenario, choose New Entries to add it

For more details, you can refer:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b04161e6-5cfe-2e10-4b90-815a3a202...

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your answer but I applied all these configuration settings before the issue arose.

Any other idea of what can be happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moreover I got the error:

Communication Failure with remote system XXXXX. Illegal access to a string (offset too large).

Any idea of what can be happening?

Thank you so much!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the plug-ins..?

Have these been installed in ECC correctly

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your quick reply. The plug-ins in the ECC system have been installed correctly as last week I got the automatic control part working but surprisingly it is not working. What do you think about the error Communication Failure with remote system XXXXX. Illegal access to a string (offset too large) in SLG1?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please refer to: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2006772

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet for your quick reply,

But the message I got is not exactly the same.It is because of Illegal access to a string (offset too large).

Any idea? Maybe other parameter?

Thank you so much,

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Did you implement the note..?

The parameters mentioned in the note might have dependencies and could rectify the issues which you are facing.

Kindly let us know once note is implemented and if the issue is still there.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have implemented this note and the issue is still there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering you have followed up all the suggested and recommended steps and as the issue is still there; then in that case, I would recommend you to open OSS with SAP

Let SAP look into the issues. Kindly update in this thread with the solution given by SAP.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet for your kind and quickly answer. Don´t you consider it is very strange that they system was working last week and now it is not?

I have tried again and I got the same error for automatic controls. What kind of string could be "Illegal access to a string (offset too large)." string in the ecc system? parameters? What do you think?

Thank you again,

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Did you do any changes at the configuration level..?

Prior to making changes you did not face any issues (as cofirmed by you) but now you are facing. What exactly did you modify?

Still, I would recommend you to raise concerns with SAP.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet,

No configuration changes. This is the dump I got in ECC system. Maybe this can help you. Please see image attached. The user name is the RFC User.

Kind regards,

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John

That short dump sounds like the values you are passing from GRC are incorrect for the filed.

Possibly have a look at the contents of the short dump to see variables and if it provides any other information

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you were getting the results as expected till last week and you didn't change/modify any of the configuration parameters, then as Colleen Lee suggested, you have to check for the values/string you are entering into ECC box. There is nothing wrong in GRC system but ECC.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet and Colleen,

And how can I see the variable? In ST22, I can check the exception and program name, but what about the variable?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

scroll through the ST22 content to see if it contains the area where issue occurred and the values

You might need to sit with a developer to go through this so they can help you. From here you can then check if the data in your configuration/sync caused the issue or if there is an incident to raise with SAP.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. I have checked and the program /GRCPI/CL_GRIA_ASXML and the error is in method "Convert Date" and this is what this method contains. Any idea of what can be the problem? a empty date?

Thank you so much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Try increasing the length for the string-Date

See if it helps.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, and how can I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have detected the problem is in the way the GRC and the ECC system interpret the dates. If , when creating the data source, I select fields from the table I want from the ECC and they are not dates, I can connect to they system without problems. Any idea of what can be happening?

Kind regards,

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John

I don't know PC well enough to comment but if you are receiving issues with field type on valid scenarios I would look in Marketplace or raise an incident with SAP

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Opening incidents with SAP might be more helpful; as of now it seems to be out of my experience.

It's unique to me as well

Will be looking for this thread for your updates if you get some from SAP.

Ameet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

hi John,

I am not sure whether you have fixed this issue or not as it is quite old and I was not able to see it before but when this kind of error happens is that because the system got one information from a DATE field and are trying to convert it and somehow the data is not stored properly in the database so thats the reason why you got a dump in the converter because the class cannot convert it to date as the content of the field is not valid date.

Please, let me know if I can help you further over it?

Thanks

Claud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Reading your post. The functionality worked before, but the plugins were not installed until last week.

So did the functionality work for a couple of days or am I misreading this ?

Please check if regulation, org,  process  hierarchies are setup on the same date.
The date issue causing the issue might be not down to a date in the query, but down to the check if all are objects are in the same valid timeframe.

Kind regards, Ineke