cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To run OS level script on alerts configured via solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently i have tested running scripts on OS level which are triggered by the alerts generated through solution manager.
The result was succesfull.

Further on we need a structure to control the start of these scripts.

Eg : if a filesystem alert is flagged "red" and the corresponding script should not run , but should run after the alert is flagged for 5th time.

In general i want the script should run not everytime the alert is triggred but for particular range of frequency.

Also,

Is it possible for me to trigger scrip when status is from green -- > yellow and other scripts from yellow--> red. and finally other script when it comes back to green.

2) can i group in alerts which mean the alert should come in inbox should come only once out of 3 or 5 events occured.

Thanks in advance to all for their help in the above matter.

Vinit Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinit, 

You can acivied red to yellow to red to green by setting the corresponding MTE properties threshold values.

for other point if you need to raise alert after 5th generation of alert, write in the script to create another file with alert name and corresponding count which you can cross check before sending alert

for Some MTEs you have Threshold value option also to raise alret like tablespace not more than 80 90 % etc.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinit,

Also refer below few SAP help portals which will help you to understand the monitoring and MTE , auto reaction method concept

you can use RZ21 and RZ20 to configure this

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/27/300e3cba1b7e06e10000000a114084/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5c/e20f41dd57f623e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/88f2a16eaec04c99c564dd8c4c7209/content.htm

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your post,

But currently we are configuring alerts through SOLMAN_SETUP ( using SMD agents ) and not SAPCCMS.

Currenlty scripts are running when alerts are trigered in alert inbox .

I want different scripts running for different alert priority that is for yellow and green.

Thanks,

Vinit Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinit,

As per my knowledge whatever the agents CCMS, SMD or new SAP HOST AGENT they will pick up the alerts from RZ20 only.

Give a try with MTE changes and test

All the best

Regards,

Nitin SAlunkhe

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

This can be achieved only through scripts not from sap.

For eg. You want the alert to be triggered for 5th time when red. Define a counter with initial  value as 0, everytime time there is a red counter is increased by 1 and saved on a file and exits scripts. Then when the alert comes again, script reads the value from file, if less than 5 then add 1 to counter otherwise sends the alert from OS level.

Divyanshu