cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUMIRA Failed to Load 26 MB of Excell file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I am facing an error when I tried to add an excel sheet to my Lumira.It is saying engine failed to start before timeout. Please help me to find the reason behind this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to note : 1783894  - Visual Intelligence error when acquiring data: "The engine failed to start before timeout...

Cause

• Can be an installation problem, or shortage of system resources.
  • Happens when the sybase iq process (iqsrv15.exe) doesn't appear in the Task Manager.

Resolution

1. Restarting the application (or operating system) can resolve the error by freeing RAM (memory) allocation. It may be that the desktop doesn't have enough memory available to perform the operation.
  2. In certain situations, removing a conflicting SybaseIQ client middleware installation can unblock the application.
  3. Deleting the folder "DataBase" (where the file Hilo.db is stored), followed by a restart of the application, will recreate the folder and should fix the issue. Path to file is C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP Visual Intelligence\DataBase
  4. In some cases, an uninstall/reinstall of the software may be required. Please download the latest version from the marketplace or use the update function in the client. (File > preferences > auto-update)

Regards,
H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just been made aware of a possible alternative solution to your problem (“The engine failed to start before timeout. Restart the application (HDB 10005).”) which you may want to evaluate with some caution:

•Shut down SAP Lumira Desktop, make sure all instances of SPALumira.exe and iqsrv15.exe are down. You can confirm this with Process Explorer.

•Open up “C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini” and append “-Dhilo.iq.start.timeout=30000” without the double quotes, on a line by itself, and terminate the line with a carriage return. This sets the startup timeout to 30 seconds; the value is expressed in

milliseconds.

•Restart lumira.

Regards,

H