cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter pull messages in minutes interval one to one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we are facing following problem. In a FTP location is several files located. We have to pull the files not all in one but in two minutes interval. Is this possible solve this without BPM? Pull one message precces it wait 2 minutes pull secound one etc.

Thank you,

PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

what is the PI version and if there are multiple files in the FTP location which file you want to pick first? what is the criteria?

did you select the quality of service (Exactly once in Order)?

I don't think the above option will work for your requirement, instead of BPM you can write adapter module or (OS script + Communication channel)

Cheers

Hidayat

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I guess you are out of luck. There was a blog here written by Mickael Huchet that suggests using Advanced Selection for Source File and it was working for XI 3.0. I have tried it in PI 7.11, it is no longer working.

There is a way to make it work, but the files will still be polled one-time. You can set QoS to EOIO, provide a queue and in your message mapping implement a thread.sleep(120000); So that it would pause for two minutes. Of course the cleaner alternative is to use BPM.

Regards,

Mark