cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPRouter Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Throw an ESXI server I have installed a SAP Solution Manager on it on a Windows server 2008 R2. The installation is located at home.

I have a S-user and now I want to connect my server to SAPNet.

I have installed the SAPRouter on the same server than Solman and I want to enable the connection with SAPNet.

The parameter in OSS1 are configured, and now I have to choose throw SNC or VPN to enable the connection between my network and SAPNet.

What I can do.

If my IP adress is 82.34.256.20 for example

My Virtual Machine is Under 192.168.1.24

what information must be sending to SAP to allow the connection?

Does I map the port 3299 to my virtual Machine with Solman?

What the best solution SNC or VPN? I have a Freebox...

thanks for your help.

Regards Jonathan COLLIN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collin,

As per new SAP releases SNC connection is supported.

You may raise an OSS message to SAP and they in turn will share a form which needs to be filled to establish connection with SAPNET.

You should be having a public ( internet based ) IP which should be mapped to your VM IP.

On this public IP open port 3299 to facilitate SAP connection.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The paper work you fill out will vary depending on how you want to connect your SAP Router to SAP.  Going with SNC means your SAP Router is responsible for all the encryption and connections to SAP which means hardware resources have to be setup to account for that (SolMan can eat into memory depending on what you plan on having it do for you).  Setting SAP Router up with a VPN you need dedicated networking equipment (aka a router or something that can perform IPSec VPN connections) and you will be required to do a post NAT VPN which means you will have to configure a VPN based on your public IP so that when anything on your network tries to reach the IP space of SAP it will be forced to go through the VPN and saving resources on your VM for SolMan.

Also consider that if you do not have a static IP address from your provider, don't fill out the paper work with SAP until you receive a static IP or you will just fill out the paper work again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collin,

If my IP adress is 82.34.256.20 for example

My Virtual Machine is Under 192.168.1.24

what information must be sending to SAP to allow the connection?

For above query kindly follow SAP Note   28976 - Remote connection data sheet

and after filling forward request to register your static IP of router at SAP.

Does I map the port 3299 to my virtual Machine with Solman?

I assume you nated your virtual local IP in your case it's 192.168.1.24 with static IP 82.34.256.20 and allowed port 3299 on your firewall.For mapping consult with your Network security team to map the IP's and to allow port 3299.

What the best solution SNC or VPN? I have a Freebox.

Try to prefer SNC and for more details kindly follow SCN doc

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav