Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel and Expense to SAP FICO via SAP PI

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning to implement a communication between "SAP Travel onDemand" Cloud system with SAP FICO for both Vendor data and Master Data.I still do not know the full requirement on these. But i only know Vendor data is flowing from T&E to FICO  and Master data is flowing from FICO to T&E .Both these are via SAP PI. If someone could give me some information on this topic with respected to PI configuration and design, it will be highly appreciated .

Kindly also let me know the following:

1.What kind of communication is exchanged between these 2 systems ( IDOC/PROXY/SOAP ? ).
2. Type of communication Sync / Async ?

3. Is there a standard content provided by SAP ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RUBAN.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruban,

You have asked quite a high level question and to give a very specific answer to your Question would be difficult.

I have myself worked on a project involving Travel and Expenses and based on my experience I can give you the following inputs:

1. The kind of communication is wholly on the architect to choose. In my project the solution oscillated between file and IDoc but eventually file won but I would personally advice to go with IDOC for GL Accounts and Cost Center Master Data. Wherever possible instead of File chose Proxy if you have the privilege of deciding.

In short, the communication could be any and depends solely on the architect. Personally, I would choose IDOC and Proxy to communicate to/from ECC(FICO). PI can handle both efficiently.

2. Again Type of Communication -> Master Data is normally a one time load and changes if any are normally occasional. If changes are too frequent still I think it would be mostly Asynchronous in TNE project.

With Respect to PI, you will have to create interfaces which will have to load large amounts of data initially and then move on to Delta loads.

3. SAP provides standard IDocs for sending Vendor/Cost center and GL Master Data. Please search these standards Idocs and check if they fit your Purpose.

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if you require any more details

Thanks & Regards,

Tejas Bisen