cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - AppDevelopment (native) for windows mobile 6.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a question on SMP3 and AppDevelopment (native):

I want to develop a native app for windows mobile 6.5 using SMP3 platform. Is it possible??. Kindly confirm. Also for developing HWC apps Kapsel is used along with cordova. However Cordova doesnot support windows mobile 6.5. Then how do I develop HWC apps for windows mobile 6.5??

In SMP 2.3 we had HWC containers for windows mobile 6.5. What about SMP 3.0??

thanks and regards,

Kumar.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As of now, OData Native SDK & Kapsel SDK is available for iOS and android only.

For developing app on Windows mobile, you can follow REST API app development

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp304sdk/helpdata/en/7c/0a4f017006101484238a3b00c4d5d0/frameset.htm

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have one more query. Kindly guide me

1. I have to develop mobile app for Hand held devices having Windows CE 5.0 and Windows CE 6.0. Since I am working on SMP 3.0, REST API development is my only option. Now, my application requires offline capability. Will REST API development allow me to provide offline capability to the app like offline ODATA is providing??

Kindly guide me how I can develop this app (with offline capability) in Windows CE (5.0 - 6.0) using SMP 3.0.

thanks and regards,

Kumar.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Offline APIs are not available with REST API approach. To enable offline in the app you have to write code to manage the operations when the device is offline. Before making a request/operation from app check internet connnectivity, if internet is available process the request else store the data locally in device and fire request when device comes online.

Midhun VP

Answers (0)