cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall package(s) on NetWeaver AS Java ?

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

today I faced the following big challenge - I had to remove a few packages from NetWeaver AS Java 7.3 EHP 1.

On 7.0, this can easily be done with both JSPM and SDM, but those tools are dismissed since 7.1...

For installing those packages, we used SUM, but SUM is unable to undeploy them.

I found an article, that it is possible to undeploy packages with the telnet undeploy command, though this didn't

work for me:

>undeploy list=/usr/sap/EJ7/J02/j2ee/console/undeploy.xml

Undeploy settings:
   on_undeploy_error=stop
   on_prerequisite_error=stop
    workflow=normal

If there is an offline undeployment, Telnet connection to host may be lost, but the result can be seen us                                                                                ing [get_result] command

Processing undeployment operation, wait...

===== PROGRESS START =====

===== UNDEPLOY RESULT =====

type: [SDA], name: [SAP-WEC-FRW], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDe                                                                                ployed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.co                                                                                m_SAP-WEC-FRW'.]

type: [SDA], name: [XLSO-WEC], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDeplo                                                                                yed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.com_X                                                                                LSO-WEC'.]

type: [SDA], name: [SAP-WEC], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDeploy                                                                                ed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.com_SA                                                                                P-WEC'.]

===== END UNDEPLOY RESULT =====

===== Summary - Undeploy Result - Start =====
------------------------
Type | Status  : Count
------------------------
> SCA(s)
> SDA(s)
   - [NotDeployed] : [3]
------------------------
------------------------
Type | Status  : Id
------------------------
> SCA(s)
> SDA(s)
   - [NotDeployed] : sap.com_SAP-WEC-FRW, sap.com_XLSO-WEC, sap.com_SAP-WEC,
------------------------
===== Summary - Undeploy Result - End =====

>undeploy list=/usr/sap/EJ7/J02/j2ee/console/undeploy.xml on_undeploy_error=skip_depending on_prerequisit                                                                                e_error=skip_depending

Undeploy settings:
   on_undeploy_error=skip_depending
   on_prerequisite_error=skip_depending
   workflow=normal

If there is an offline undeployment, Telnet connection to host may be lost, but the result can be seen us                                                                                ing [get_result] command

Processing undeployment operation, wait...

===== PROGRESS START =====

===== UNDEPLOY RESULT =====

type: [SDA], name: [SAP-WEC-FRW], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDe                                                                                ployed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.co                                                                                m_SAP-WEC-FRW'.]

type: [SDA], name: [XLSO-WEC], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDeplo                                                                                yed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.com_X                                                                                LSO-WEC'.]

type: [SDA], name: [SAP-WEC], vendor: [sap.com], location: [null], version: [null], status: [NotDeploy                                                                                ed], description: [There is no component which corresponds to the specified undeployment item 'sap.com_SA                                                                                P-WEC'.]

===== END UNDEPLOY RESULT =====

===== Summary - Undeploy Result - Start =====
------------------------
Type | Status  : Count
------------------------
> SCA(s)
> SDA(s)
   - [NotDeployed] : [3]
------------------------
------------------------
Type | Status  : Id
------------------------
> SCA(s)
> SDA(s)
   - [NotDeployed] : sap.com_SAP-WEC-FRW, sap.com_XLSO-WEC, sap.com_SAP-WEC,
------------------------
===== Summary - Undeploy Result - End =====

vi undeploy.xml

"undeploy.xml" [New file]

<Components>

<DevelopmentComponentLine vendor="sap.com" name="SAP-WEC"/>

<DevelopmentComponentLine vendor="sap.com" name="SAP-WEC-FRW"/>

<DevelopmentComponentLine vendor="sap.com" name="XLSO-WEC"/>

</Components>

I have also tried specifying only 1 package, like:

>undeploy XLSO-WEC

but it didn't work either... Many thanks for any possible ideas, suggestions, hints...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alper_somuncu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

By using the below method, you should be able to uninstall the software component archives (SCAs) on telnet console. First, check the names of applications (development components) installed with SAP-WEC, SAP-WEC-FRW and XLSO-WEC packages.

You can find these details in System Information: Components Info in NetWeaver Administrator.

Open a command prompt,

telnet localhost 50008

Logon as Administrator and try the following command:

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=<development component>

For example:

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=xapps~xmii~ear

BR,

Alper Somuncu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and many thanks for your reply! In order to sort this our faster, I have also included a screenshot. As far as I understand your statement above, in order to remove

SAP-WEC

I would need to remove all the DCs and enter the undeploy command for all those packages at the bottom left ? wec~esrv~mc~complaintsandreturns~dpu, wec~comm~mc~customerinteraction~dpu, ... etc. ?

That is so much harder than before with SDM and JSPM !! So, better if I compose .xml files...

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Yes you need to performed this for all of the DC to undploy the component.

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=wec~esrv~mc~complaintsandreturns~dpu

I think you can prepare the xml file and apply the same.

With Regards

Ashutosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alper_somuncu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

That's right. You need to remove all the DCs and execute undeploy command for the packages. You can also handle it by creating the xml file, personally I prefer to do it manually.

BR,

Alper Somuncu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, thanks for answering! For now we will not do it, so dunno when will be the next opportunity to try this. So, marking you as a correct answer, at least for now 🙂