cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel data load to planning book

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, i'm trying to upload data from excel to planning book. I downloaded the file format from the data view and tried to load back the data to planning book. i'm getting an error where the load says, that period 10/2014 is not a valid number. So how and hwere could i fix this error. I'm getting this error when i check the data. but when i take out hte header which contains the period, i get the following messages attached inthe screenshot, but i dont see the data getting updated anywhere. looks like i'm missing something here. can someone help me.

i have attached the period error as i could not copy paste the screneeshot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The message you are getting is standard message when you upload the data & upload is successful. Check the data again. That you are uploading a different data than the current Planning Book data. No need to remove the header.

One more thing you can try downloading the data first as attached screenshot in csv format & use the same to upload --> Then check --> Upload.

Regards,

Rahul

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, what did you mean by uploading different data. I had the data as 100 EA in 3 periods and when i downloaded, i'm changing the number to 300EA and then loading the csv file back to planning book

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah. I did the same with no issues.

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

thats the issue that i'm running into. we have the header in planning book as period 10/2014, 11/2014 etc etc and when i download this i get this on csv file and when i try to upload the file back with the header where the period is present, SCM says that period 10/2014 is not a valid number, so i tried to upload the data without hte period header, then i can see that the SCM is giving message like data transferred successfully, but i do not the see the updated numebrs in the cells of the key figures in the planning book