cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELLED error for HTTP ( TYPE G) Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to build some web service interfaces with third party system. For the sake of sample testing third party has shared their sample Web URL in the format - http://<host>:<port>:testwebservice.

To check if we can get a response from this web service, we have created a type G RFC destination in SM59 giving host, port and service.

But when we test the connection, we are receiving the error - HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELLED

I was browsing through forums about this error and mostly it was mentioned as error in STRUST etc.

Now here are some questions:

1. Whenever we are communicating with third party web server, do we always need to have its identity as trusted in our PI STRUST ? In this case, what exactly should we demand from the client ?

2. We have Pinged, telnet from PI server to web server at respective port and it works. Is there any way we can reach web server from command prompt ?

3. How can we troublesooet the error.. As in is there a specific trace where we can look for more detailed explanation of error ?

Thanks for the help...

regards,

Omkar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

1. Whenever we are communicating with third party web server, do we always need to have its identity as trusted in our PI STRUST ? In this case, what exactly should we demand from the client ?

-->> The certificate only required for SSL communication. If you have simple webservice communication then do not required to upload certificated in STRUST.

2. We have Pinged, telnet from PI server to web server at respective port and it works. Is there any way we can reach web server from command prompt ?

-->>AFAIK - we can only test connectivity from command prompt.

3. How can we troublesooet the error.. As in is there a specific trace where we can look for more detailed explanation of error ?

-->> I would suggest to check the below blog. Pleaes let me know if you need more information

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish..

Thanks for the response ..

Just to verify if we are on right track. .

Our approach is to first create g type rfc destination in pi using web service url..do a connection test..it should show empty http received. .

If this works fine then build a full scenario. .

Do you think this should work  ?  Basically do you think rfc in pi of type g should work ?

Thanks

Omkar

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

I would suggest to create receiver SOAP channel with dummy configuration(Dummy interface in RD and ID) and test the scenario.

regards,

Harish

Answers (0)