cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check number confirmation window does not appear and checks become confirmed automatically

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have updated to SAP 9.10.105 PL 00,

and we have two issues with check printing, first when we print check we do not receive a confirmation window and all of the checks show as being confirmed. as soon as be print checks in the payment wizard after the checks have printed we than get an error message.

"no matching records found 'checks for payment' (OCHO) (ODBC 2028) [message 131-183]

the second problem is if I set over flow to blank paper, it will only print one check at a time, and i still do not receive a confirmation window.

I am not sure if the original patch for 8.8 was left out of the 9.1 release.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_joesel
Explorer

Hi Nagarajan,

I never had a reply from SAP Support, my case has never been looked at from July.

I am not sure why Support has not replied to my case but I finally have figured out how to fix this problem.

there is a programming error, the fix is per user here are the steps.

Modules--->Banking--->Outgoing Payments--->Checks For Payments

at the bottom of the screen to the right of the CANCEL button is a check box Print on Blank Paper

this needs to be unchecked. and for that user batch printing will now work correctly.

this has to be done user by user.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is up to SAP that they should give reply or not.After all SAP is world leader in ERP and they have monopoly buddy.....

0 Kudos

Thanks for this, I found this after posting a message with SAP Support.  Just a heads up, they consider it as 'Consulting' function not an 'Application Error' so they will not be a fix.  We'll just need to know to make sure users know to un-check this Box. 

SAP Note: 0001422688 - Print on Blank Paper checkbox on Checks for Payment

Symptom

Scenario 1:

Check Number Confirmation window does not pop up after Checks have been printed.

You might receive the following error message:

'No matching record found 'Checks for Payment' (OCHO) (ODBC-2028) [Message 131-183]'.

Scenario 2:

User is not able to print batches of Checks either via Payment Wizard or via Document Printing and

the Cheque Number Confirmation window does not pop up.

Cause

Consulting

Solution

The issue could be resolved by uncheck Print on Blank Paper on Banking -> Outgoing Payments ->

Cheques for Payments

'Print on Blank Paper' setting on Checks for Payment is saved per user

SAP Note:  0001059752 - Printing Checks for Payment Skipping the Confirmation Screen

Symptom

Check Number Confirmation window does not appear and the check automatically get confirmed.

Reproducing the issue

Scenario:

Print a Check for Payment Via Document Printing or Directly for the Check for Paymet screen (under

Banking > Outgoing Payments)

Expected Results:

The Check Number Confirmation screen pops-up.

Actual Results:

Check Number Confirmation screen is skipped

Cause

Consulting

Solution

If the option 'Print on Blank Paper' is ticked, the Checks Number

Confirmation window will not pop-up.

Go through the following steps and check the settings:

1. Go to Administration -> System Initialization -> Print Preferences -> Per Document tab,

Document: Check for Payment. Check if the option 'Print on: Blank Paper' is ticked.

2. In Check for Payment document check whether the tick box 'Print on Blank Paper' is ticked.

3. Go to Administration-> Setup-> Banking-> House Bank Accounts. Check in the 'Paper Type' column

if the option Blank Paper is chosen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not yet resolved for 8.81 & 8.82. Please refer SAP notes:

1787085 - No matching records found 'Checks for Payment'
(OCHO)

1819370 - Error message when printing Checks for Payment

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan K,

thank you for your help, the first link only states to enter a support request and the second link talks about a workaround which did not work.

I have entered a support request and will update my post when I hear from someone.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Please post solution from SAP if possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have not received any reply from SAP support yet. I will update this case as soon as I hear from them

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. No hurry, post once received from SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos
robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thank you for your reply, but none of this has helped, if you look at some of the links, they all give the same steps and everyone stated they were still having the same problems.

I have check and everything is setup correctly,this started happening after our upgrade to 9.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Please wait for further Input.

Thanks

--

--

Regards::::
Atul Chakraborty