cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Developer cannot create transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have 2 questions.

1 - We have a Request for Change created, after the change got approved, this created the Normal Change document. Is this the way it should work?

2 - After the Approval, the developer logs in to create the transport request. The system and client is disabled ad the short description comes with some weird text. We have a solution created and the solution has the development system within the logical component in it. Please help..

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

There is a context node error in your screen (BTAICTRANSPORTH not bound). Please check the following in your system:

1. Call transaction 'BSP_WD_CMPWB', enter the UI component name AIC_CM_TRANS_CR and choose display.
      2. Open up the node 'Views'.
      3. Double-click on view AIC_CM_TRANS_CR/TransportReqPage1. You will come to a view detail screen.
      4. On the right hand side open up the node 'View Layout' in the tree and double-click on the htm page TransportReqPage1.htm.

5. Choose tab 'Page attributes'.
      6. Please check if you see BTTRANSREQ as in the picture below:

regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raquel for mentioning all these steps. By the way, I do see this on my screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, can you kindly tell me how to see the ReqFC details?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim.

What you mean?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Are you running ChaRM functionality on Solution or on Project? From your screenshot it looks like you are doing it wrong, ChaRM needs a project assignment to work with cycles/releases etc...

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,Vladimir,

I see your point. When creating "Request for Change" I had selected Project and Solution earlier. I tried with Project only with your inputs. I dont see a difference. The key difference I see is that - the "component" is changed on "Normal Change". Its showing the Sol Mgr system instead of the Development system. The component is showing correctly in "Request for change". Please see screen shot. Any help is appreciated. Would there be any relation between iBase for Dev system and ZMMJ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that "component" was replaced because it does not copy the code from the project "ReqFC". Should be set up the project code of "RfC" in "CR". The project must be. IMG project assigned to a development system in SolMan?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you please post the screenshots of your configuration in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN txn? Even I suspect it has something to do with the way you have configured IMG Projects.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek, please see screen shots. Vladimir, IMG project is assigned.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also paste the maintenance cycle screen shot.

what is the version of solution manager system?

Also update the latest version Master Note for Change Request Management .

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik.

I am SM 7.1 SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please unlock the nodes in the task list, that will allow you to create transport request.

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny, Thanks, but that didnt help. In reference objects, I still see "solution manager system" as the component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim.

1. Please, show screenshots of "General Date" and "Related Date" (Header) for the ReqFC and Change Document?

2.  Please, show screenshots "Project Status Switches".

3. Please, show settings copy fields from ReqFC to MMJ.

And question.

You tried to create MMJ without ReqFC? Directly MMJ. What is the result?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, never mind my last question. I probably didnt understand the short term -ReqFC

For your last question - No, I don't have an issue when creating ZMMJ directly. I can as well create a transport request in my DEV system.

I want to know how I can get the details of your Q.3. I think that will resolve this issue. The issue is caused when ZMCR is passing information to ZMMJ. The component information does not flow through correctly.. Please let me know.. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim.

By ReqFc i mean "Request for Change".

Spro->Sap solution Manager->Capabilities->Change Request Management->Change Request Management Framework->Make Settings for Change Transaction Types and choose Copy Control Rules for ZMCR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Ans:2

Please check the maintenance cycle phase and change the phase  to "Development with Release",also check the consistency for the project.

Also check the development system and client details in the task list.

Ans:1

Yes. for more reference Please check the below sap demo

Request for Change - https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478022011E/index.htm

Normal change - https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478072011E/index.htm

Urgent change - https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478212011E/index.htm

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the quick reply, and info.

Please see the screen shot below. I don't know how to change the current phase from "in development w/o release to - with release". I don't see that this is changeable from the UI. How can I change this to "in development with release"?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I think I can login as changemanager and change the maintenance cycle to "in development with release". But that didn't make any difference for selecting my system/client to create transport..

Another thing I noticed is - In "Request for change" the component type under "status" shows my Development system, while in "Normal Change", Reference Objects - In "Component", I see my Sol Man system. Umm, is this correct? please see pic below. Again, thanks for checking and all your help:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

no. it needs to show the actual development system.

check the below link for create and enabling the project

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478052011E/index.htm

RFC created for the managed system ? and ibase is generated for the managed system?

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik for the links and input.

Managed system config is complete which made sure that the RFCs were created. I did not see anything related to iBase config, which I assume was completed via solman_setup.

When I create the Request for change, when selecting scope, it automatically gets the Development system. So, I assume the iBase areas are correct.

However, when the Normal correction is created during the change manager changes the status, the component comes with the wrong system as shown in the screen shot.

Please let me know if anything could fix this. Are those links from rkt-solman? Please let me know if any other inputs. Thanks again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Jim.

Your screenshot shows that the project is not defined in which you make a change.

This may be a problem, because without the project code is not possible to determine the current landscape.