Did you mean: 

Reg combining two scenarios in PI7.3

former_member333459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario has two flows:

1) File is sent from third party and placed in ECC directory

2)  Once the file is placed RFC program should be triggered.

I have configured the file transfer for the first flow. Can any one let me know how to combine this with the second flow where the file once placed in AL11, how the RFC should  be triggered from PI to ECC without BPM.

Cheers,

Neethu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member333459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The first scenario places file(just a file transfer no mapping) in AL11  in ECC. I have imported the RFC for the second flow. The RFC has only one field. Lets say I will  pass a constant value to this RFC. But how will I correlate both first and second flow.  

Cheers,

Neethu

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu, 

>>>>2)  Once the file is placed RFC program should be triggered

For this you can write a report program and call the event(BP_EVENT_RAISE ) in that program & schedule it for every 1 min like that.

This will do whenever you place the file in AL11 path the program will execute, call the event and trigger RFC.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

former_member333459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

Could you please let me know what will be the sender at PI end for this second flow.

Cheers,

Neethu

former_member333459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The first flow is just a file transfer from Third party to ECC using PI . Once the file is placed in ECC, the RFC should be executed from PI. The RFC has few fields . Hence as soon as the file is placed, the second flow i.e. RFC is executed. This job was previously done by UC4.

Please let me know how this could be achieved.

Cheers,

Neethu

nipun_shedhani4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

You can also think for this approach to satisfy your requirement:

Solution A:

1. Process the file from the third party

2. create a Wrapper program to pick the file from the folder and execute the RFC.

Solution B:

1. Process the file from the third Party

2. Configure the receiver as a EOIO, and configure the RFC later to the 1 st message.

Regards,

Nipun Shedhani

PS: For you solution request, you might wanna check the Rules of the SDN forum.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Is the RFC is also on the ECC system in which file is placed? If yes then you can achieve this using one interface. file pick form third party and trigger the RFC.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

You could have another PI interface -  File to RFC(or BAPI) interface.

The Sender file adapter will listen for the file that your previous PI interface drops.

Map from the File to the RFC Structure .

If its an synchronous RFC you could ignore the response if you don't need it.

Thanks,

Rahul.