cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependencies with netweaver and other components

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i need to start ehp 7 upgrade and would like to know how to check the dependencies with other components such as Portal, BO,PI...

thanks for your help in advance

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can check the dependencies among different components through Upgrade Dependency Analyzer tool. It can be accessed over: http://service.sap.com/uda.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tapan,

This tool appears to be useful for version/landscape upgrade. i am not sure if this can be used for an EHP upgrade.

please advise

thanks,

Shiv

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Upgrade Dependency Analyzer can absolutely be used for an Enhancement Pack update.  Just enter "SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" as the Product and "EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0" as the Product Version in the Target Component section, along with the appropriate Product Instance (e.g., ERP CENTRAL COMPONENT (ECC)).  In the Existing Component area, put the other pieces you are checking on (e.g. Product = "SAP NETWEAVER", Product Version = "SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0", and Product Instance = "BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE").

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matt,

Thanks for the details. can you please give me more details on this?

My current system is EEC 6 EHP 6 and and i want to upgrade it ti EHP 7 . i also have PI 7.3, EP 7.3 BO and also want to install mobile add on. can you please suggest how can i check dependencies for all these components for the EHP 7 upgrade?

thanks,

Shiv

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly as I said earlier.  You put your EhP7 system in the "Target Component" section, then one at a time you put each of your other systems in the "Existing Component" section and check it.  Check your PI system, then your BO system, then whatever else you have that you need to check.  It's just a quick and dirty report -- it won't hurt anything to run it as many times, with as many different combinations, as you like.