cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side effect report for EHP upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i would like to generate Side effect report for EHP 7 upgrade.since i dont have solman/mopz configured in my landscape i need your help in generating the report from Service Market place.i could see only for SPSin SMP

best answers will be rewarded immediately

Thanks,

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_739866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SHIV,

Please follow the below steps

BASIC Thing is to have a MOPZ configured in to your system and in Working condition after configuring MOPZ follow this steps,

Go to Tcode > SOLMAN_WORKCENTER > CHANGE MANAGEMENT > CREATE NEW MAINTENANCE TRN. > SELECT SYSTEM > CHOOSE OPTION MAINTENANCE > Calculate whole constellation for a specific system > in the step IMPLEMENT you will get option to download SIDE EFFECT REPORT [Please see below screen shot] > Click on Submit button and then you will get an email with SIDE EFFECT REPORT FROM SAP [SAP Uses email ID which was linked in Suser and Suser which was linked with Solution Manager]

Thanks and Regards,

PARAMVIRSINH JETAWAT

SAP BASIS CONSULTANT

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

Please
check the link :
https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/side-effects

All the available options are listed.

Regards,
Gaurav

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

and already answered a similar query here with the SMP link.

You should make use of that and come back with questions.

Probably they can give you more suggestions.

RB

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, to be fair, I don't think you can use the online report at http://service.sap.com/side-effects to show the impact of an Enhancement Pack upgrade.  The report assumes that you are just applying a Support Package Stack without changing the Release or Enhancement Pack level.  I could be wrong, but I couldn't see a way to show what happens when changing from, for instance, EhP4 to EhP7.

I'm not sure if generating the report from the Maintenance Optimizer in Solution Manager will have this kind of flexibility.  That said, though, I'm not sure how you can actually perform an EhP upgrade without having Solution Manager in your landscape.  The SUM tool is going to expect a stack file generated from MOpz, and you will have to use MOpz to 'approve' the files in your download basket.

There are other features in Solution Manager intended to help you analyze "business impact" of an EhP upgrade or update.  I haven't used those features yet, though there is a lot of interest in them at my organization.

One way you might be able to "fake" a side-effects report would be to figure out the equivalent support pack level in your current EhP release to the one you want to go to, and create a report online as if you were just doing an SPS update like that.

Regards,

Matt