Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query program not translating SQ07

scott_purviance
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query program that will not translate the selection screen texts. I used SQ07, put in my query and query group->change. I translated all the selection screen elements to the language needed, then saved.

When I test in the translated language it still shows the variable names and not translated text.

I tried navigating (with program open se80) to GOTO->translations - I receive the message "Empty objects list"

Also when I navigate to GOTO->Text Elements->Selection Texts I see the selection screen variable names with the native text names, although the Data Dictionary check is not checked for all.

Can someone drop some knowledge on this issue?

Thanks      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The instructions for SQ07 here seem to be pretty simple, so baring some obvious stuff (you did translation in QA but checking in PRD) it might just need some voodoo magic. From my experience, sometimes regenerating the program (from SQ01) helps. And you might want to keep the query open in just one session and make sure to exit from the transaction before checking for changes. I have no reasonable explanation for that, but the weirdest stuff worked for me before.

Or even better - just stick to the dictionary elements and then no translation should be needed.

2 REPLIES 2

naveenvishal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Scott I think it depends upon the logon language and will convert when you have a different language as logon. It is giving the message as empty as not finding it appropriate to convert the language(translation not necessary).

Try logon as different language then your current language.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The instructions for SQ07 here seem to be pretty simple, so baring some obvious stuff (you did translation in QA but checking in PRD) it might just need some voodoo magic. From my experience, sometimes regenerating the program (from SQ01) helps. And you might want to keep the query open in just one session and make sure to exit from the transaction before checking for changes. I have no reasonable explanation for that, but the weirdest stuff worked for me before.

Or even better - just stick to the dictionary elements and then no translation should be needed.