cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal Load balancer Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We had 4 application servers for EP production system. End users login in EP Production system through load balancer. We had issue in one App server out of 4 application servers. Some users getting page can’t displayed error when logon through Load balancer but other users not getting any problem. How to check load balancer picked which application server in backend out of 4 application servers while login. Please share me the procedure.

Regards,

MK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MK,

Use sap_lb cookie to find the server node.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Type "javascript:alert(document.cookie)"

This will show you the server node with cluster ID

Divyanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parthiban,

Load Balancing is used to distribute the Load among the Servers, so that one Server is not having the burden to execute all process, thereby resulting in slowness. Load Balanced Environment can have many structures,but generally it has a Load Balancer/Dispatcher, Central Instance, and mulptle Dialog Instances.

For details  you can go through below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b5/e8239ef7bd494f896a84625d4b688f/content.htm

In your scenario it takes a lot of time before we realize that any of the Server is Not Working/Down or the request is not reaching to that particular server, because once we find that the Page failed to load , we refresh the page and most of the time it loades upon refresh, because the request is now going to any other Dialog Servers of the Load Balanced Environment.

To Specifically check if the Request is going to all the Severs, is that you can try pinging to all the severs one by one using cmd prompt. The one for which we are using wrong address or is down will fail.

There is separate Load Balanced Team in Every Project for maintaing them and Configuring them. Please reach out to them in case you find the same. Specifically check if the Port No is correct for the Server that is Failing, because many a times while configuration if the Port No is wrong, we are not able to figure out the Proble at that time, as we not be hitting that server, using the Common Load Balanced URL? So always Prefer checking using Direct URLs aswell.

Also, In order to check the Load Quality of every instance go to TX SMLG and Goto/Load Distribution.

If any of the Sever Node is Failing, it's better to stop that server and continue with the remaining, and then try adding the correct server again using OS Level Configuration and remove the Wrong one. Contact Basis Team for the same.

Please let me know if this helps and if you are able to find the solution.

Thanks,

Rakesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.Please let me know.How to execute this cookie in IE.

Regards,

MK

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the portal URL and then type this in addressbar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.I want to remove the affected server list from Load balancer.Please let me know the procedure.

Regards,

MK

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which load balancer are you using ?

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the simplest way is to stop the server process.

I will be removed from load balancing by java dispatcher.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, if you are using external LBs, then you have to check with that tool on how does it routes, to host or instance or node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to the project. I have no idea how load balancer working.Please help me out to reslove his issue.

Regards,

MK