SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSDM Requirement - Delayed Consumption in ECC for 251 GI

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings SCN,

I have a requirement for POSDM relating to the timing of the goods issue posting in ECC. When a customer comes to the store to buy an article, the articles are sometimes not ready to be picked up when the customer places the order. They generally need to go to another store/lab/vendor and be created/adjusted/manufactured.

Presently, we consume (goods issue) the inventory on the article right when the customer pays (i.e. Aug 1st). We want to wait until the customer actually receives the article, either pick up or delivery (i.e. Aug 5th), to consume the articles (i.e. 251 goods issue. We need to do this because early consumption affects the planning at the stores. In Summary, we want the Goods Issue in ECC to occur on Aug 5th, not on Aug 1st.

Ideally, we'd like an option with least impact on the existing systems and would like to minimize customizations. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Deep

8 REPLIES 8

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deep,

For such transaction you can make posting date for future.

For eg. Customer placed order on 1 Aug but IDoc should be posted in ECC on 5th.

In integration for such transaction you should do change so that posting date for sales (transaction) will be changed to 05.08.2014 from 01.05.2014. So transaction will be posted for future date and in pipe dispatcher variant to generate the IDocs for goods issue should allow to generate Idocs only for <=current day.

So it will generate IDoc only on 5 Aug.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks for your response!

The only issue with your solution there is that we do NOT know ahead of time when the customer will pick up the article from the store. All we know is when the customer made the purchase at the store (Aug 1st). The delivery/pick up of the article could any time after that.

We would need to have a form of delivery/pick up acknowledgment, which would trigger the posting of the Goods Issue in ECC when the delivery is made (could be on Aug 3rd, Aug 9th, etc.)

Thanks,

Karman

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the situation is so, you need to do some development in POS so that POS will not send transactions which are on hold (in your case If the product is not delivered to customer you should assume it is on hold) and should be sent only when it is completed(i.e. delivery to customer is made).

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Your point is valid and I'm thinking along these lines as well. But I'm trying to determine the specifics for accomplishing this.

I had thought about creating a 2nd (dummy) storage location in the store. Whenever this type of sale (based on Sales Item Type) comes into POSDM, I would do a 311 movement for a transfer between the one storage location in the store to another. This would post as a 311 movement in ECC but NOT as a 251. Then upon confirmation of pick up/delivery by the customer, we would do a goods issue for the article from the 2nd storage location to ECC with the standard 251 movement.

I tried to configure this but was unsuccessful as IDoc WPUUMS only creates a 251 movement by default. Within WPUUMS, there is only article, quantity & sales total. There is no field for movement type.

Does this seem like a viable option to accomplish my requirement?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Well If you want to go with this scenario then I would suggest you to go with custom development to process WPUUMS IDocs in ECC.

Just make use of E1WXX01 segment to send additional data in WPUUMS which will be read in processing FM in ECC to determine which movement type it should create.

You need to do some enhancements in POSDM as well to send additional data in E1WXX01.

I'm not sure how far it is going to work, but I just wanted to share my thought.

I hope it works.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can treat the payment collection made as a deposit

When customer collects the item a few days later, reverse out the deposit and treat it as a sales.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos

Hi Siew Tim,

Would this require the use of SAP's 'down payment functionality'? Does this need to be done in SRS (i.e. MIM) or can it be done directly in POSD?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

No you don't need Instore MIM for a down payment against an existing customer. But you require an existing customer order against that you post the deposit.

POS DM has a specific variant of the WPUBON task for this but it works with the WPUUMS too. In the TLOG a down payment is a specific type of a RetailineItem that uses the cutomer order number or the billing document number as ItemID and a corresponding item qualifier.