cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Code Sizing in ZPL Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to print a QR-Code with variable content on a Zebra Printer with ZPL. The handicap is that the size of the QR-Code should always be the same.

I have tried to change the XDC as described in SAP-Reference 1923734. After restarting the XML-Form-Module on the Document-Server it had no effect.

If the content of the barcode increases the size of the barcode increases as well.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks & best regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem.

...if anybody is interested:

I took a newer version of zpl-xdc and changed the barcodeDefinition-support from "Hardware" to "software". After that the qrcode comes as an image to the Zebra-printer.

Now I can manage the size of the qrcode by changing the barcode-property "moduleHeight" and "moduleWidth". The value stands for one module of the barcode.

The problem is that I have different contents; if the content gets bigger there will be a higher barcode-level with more modules. For more information: http://www.qrcode.com/en/about/version.html

So I have to find out how many modules there will be. I wrote a little abap-function to calculate the moduleHeight for a different size of content based on ECC-Level and binary input.

....it works: I get the same qrcode-size for any content.

Frank

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thank you for sharing the answer and sorry for my late reply. I just didn't found time to search through my documents where I used the XDC. But now it isn't necessary at all

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Can you explain littile bit more on the functionality of how you overcome the issue of QRcode size for any content,  am facing the same issue. Because if the datalength is small it is coming in the printout, when the datacontent is more it is not displayin the barcode.

Thanks

Regards,

Priya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

a few month ago this worked perfectly for me.

Maybe I do not tell you something new, but did you try it with the RSPO0022-Report?

Here is a link to the official documentation.

SAP Library - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN)

Hope this documentation give you a hand to solve the issue, I think it is something wrong with the mapping.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thanks for response but I think the mapping is right.

I can do changes in XDC which have effects on the lable like changing the page height.

Could you perhaps send an example-xdc that worked for you?

...are there any other suggestions?

Frank