cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP BW Java Stack on SolMan server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Regarding the single stack requirement coming in with SAP BW 7.4 my customer ask me if it is possible to move the Java Stack to the SolMan server because it has more or less nothing to do. But regarding the actual definition I am not sure if it is possible.

I am not an infrastructure guy so I like to identify if this can be handled like this in line with the SAP guideline only and then start an internal discussion.

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. So it is also not possible to install a second Java Stack on the same machine?

Regards,

Nils

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

As per your question , it is possible to install two java system on same machine.

But with different SID it will not harm until you have enough  resource (ie. CPU and RAM) available on server .

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Best Regards

Atul

alper_somuncu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

Installing a second Java stack on the same machine with a different SID is perfectly fine. Personally I don't recommend it as two different SAP products (different NetWeaver versions) will be running on the same Windows, definitely requires more maintenance effort than managing two instances on different servers. The downtimes will effect both servers, one of them may encounter a server-related problem while the other working fine etc.

Also make sure you have enough resources for both of them.

BR,

Alper Somuncu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

Solution Manager even in it's latest version is NW 7.02 but you customer wants NW 7.40.

Says it all, I guess.

Regards,

Thomas.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Solman is a dual stack system (One instance for both Java & Abap sharing the same SID).

I do not think it is possible to use the Solman Java stack for a BW system.

In the BW scenario the Java stack must use the BW abap stack for user accounts (UME source) but the solman Java stack is already configured to use its abap stack as an UME source... and to my knowledge there can only be one abap system as an UME source...

Best regards