cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - InitialValue Rule Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create an initial value rule to fill in a header label.  The label is dependent on what object the user has selected from the previous list screen.  I want to concatenate a few properties from the selected object.  Here's an example of a property I'm trying to select:

:>Main Screen Set>"CurrentInspections_iPhone_List">Current Object>"Shop"

The Agentry rule editor won't allow me to select this property and it appears to be tied to the MainObject by default.  Is there a way to set it up so I can use the properties from the selected object on the previous list screen?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have not been able to solve this issue.  Any other ideas on how to fix this?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Christopher,

What version of Agentry plug-in are you using?  Please post a screen shot of you trying to select the property from the object browser so we can see how you are attempting this.  Thanks,

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using version 7.0.3.504.  I have inserted a screenshot below that shows how I am selecting the property.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Christopher,

The "OK" button looks to be enabled.  I thought you said the problem was that it wouldn't let you select the property?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It lets me select it but once I click OK it retains the previous selected value and does not take the new property that i selected.  I do not see any errors either.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Previous selected value?  Try deleting the entire rule, empty your trash, and start again.  This should be working for you without a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted all my rules, emptied the trash, and then tried again.  It seems to have resolved my issue.  There must have been something that was corrupted.  One thing I've noticed now is that I have to enter a static value then use the replace with function to add a property.  It works fine but seems like an indirect way of adding a property.  I'm not complaining though as long as it is working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Christopher,

In the rule editor when you are attempting to select the property you will need to select the Browse option.  This will open the property browser and from there scroll down and select the screen reference and drill down to the current or selected object and property.

You might also be able to select Other Object -> {Your Object Name} -> Property to get the same value.

I would recommend selecting the screen route as the first attempt.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but it won't accept that property.  It lets me select it but then when I click OK the parameter is still blank.  Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar issues with the Agentry eclipse plugins from SMP3 SP3 and restarting Eclipse solved it for me in such cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Christian!  Unfortunately that did not work for me.  Any other ideas?