cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing colorschemes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was asked whether it is possible to adapt the colorschemes in Visual Composer to the end users wishes. I found out the there are 3 standard colorschemes available in VC and that there is an option of changing files on a J2EE server.

I would like to know if anyone has already done the changing of files on J2EE server. How much time did this take? What issues did you have to encounter? How much customizing to customer needs was possible?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

since SP11 it is possible to change the color via portal theme, which is better than changing it on the J2EE, because all your changes on the J2EE are lost after an upgrade to a higher SPS. The best - change VC color change portal theme with SP11.

Best Regards,

Marcle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your reply.

- How much customizing is possible using portal themes? F.e. changing colors of data series, backgrounds of tables / graphics, whole model, changing the color of the title bar of charts / tables, etc.

- How much time is needed to customize the portal theme? Are we talking hours, days or weeks?

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I'm sorry to say that I never done it. But Luis could it done in the past, maybe he could give you the required information.

Best Regards,

Marcel

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Regarding how much customizing is possible, I haven't worked on SP 11, so not much idea.

And regarding time needed to customize a portal theme, its a matter of minutes. You can easily change much of your portal theme in half an hour, and basically this is because, you don't have to spend time on some code or something, it can be changed from UI, and the changes can be checked there and then itself. All this does not take much time.

Bye

Ankur

Do reward points for helpful answers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Regarding how much customizing is possible, I haven't

> worked on SP 11, so not much idea.

There is no customisation to be done from VC to enable colour schemes. To enable portal themes, its just checking one checkbox in compiler tab, before its compiled.

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

thanks for the reply.

I was wondering whether you can go a little bit more into details:

- Is it possible to change the colors of data series by changing settings in the portal theme?

- Is it possible to change the backgrounds of tables / graphics / whole model in the portal theme?

- Can we change the color of the title bar of charts / tables in the portal theme?

- Etc.

Thus, regarding layout and looks of Visual Composer models, what exactly can be changed in the portal theme's?

Thanks very much,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

thanks for your reply. Points have been rewarded !!!

Glad to hear that it is not cumbersome to change the portal theme's. Do you also know more about what options with regard to layout and looks can be changed? Color of tables, charts, data series, background, type and size of characters, etc.?

Thanks very much,

Ralph

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Please understand first of all that, if you anything less than SP11 installed, then you cannot change VC colors and all using portal theme. This has become possible only after SP11 has been launched.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

we are on SP11 thus that should not be a problem.

Best regards,

Ralph

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

If this is the case, then its very good. Things are lot simpler now. See I have not worked on SP11, I am currently working on SP10. All I can tell you is that, where can you edit your theme.

You have to login in your portal, and go to <b>System Administration</b> tab. The go to <b>Portal Display</b> tab, underneath the System Administration tab. In Portal Display, you would be having <b>Theme Editor</b>. Here you select a theme that you want to edit, and then make as many changes as you want.

When you select a theme, the theme editor iView will open, and here you will have a large list of small small things on the left. You can select each one, and then within that there would be more things. So I think you must have got it now. Now where exactly you would need to change the VC iViews stuff, you will have to figure out yourself. Also to open the theme editor, what I have told, it might be that things would be different in your case, as they always are when we upgrade a Service Pack.

Hope your problem gets solved.

Bye

Ankur

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

What are you waiting for update to SPS11 ? c'mon apply and enjoy the new features

Best Regards,

Luis

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

If your problem has been solved, then please close the thread.

If you are facing any other issue, then do let us know.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks very much for all the help!!! I really appreciate it.

Have a good one,

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Sorry for the delay, this feature is available as of SPS11 for NW2004s Visual Composer to use this just:

- Adapt the colors in the Portal theme editor under Visual Composer -> Flex Runtime Controls

Once the colors has been adapted in the defined theme you've to open your model and go to Tools -> Options -> Compiler and check the box for <i>"Enable styling of

Flex controls in portal theme" </i>

Afterwards, recomplile and deploy the model.

I've to inform you that this feature have some limitations and the following contorls cannot be styled using the theme editor:

1. Pop-up header color

2. Date field

3. Date picker

4. Chart colors

The availability of this controls will be informed in SAP Note 1008615 (not released yet)

I hope this clarify your doubts.

Best Regards,

Luis