cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created a search help in SE11 with an Search-Help Exit.
This searchhelp I want to fill with data at runtime (import parameters) and select only a part of data using the Importparameter.

e.g. only Data with an specific LIFNR.

The data are in a List UIBB which passes the data to a dialog window when a line is selected. In this dialog window are the field with the search help.

How do I filled the search help with import parameters / data at runtime filled?
Or is there another way?

Best regards

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

the following solution is worth trying. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (haven't found out the reasons yet):

• Put all input and output fields of the search help into one structure
  • In this structure bind the search help to the corresponding return field
  • Also include the input parameters (usually the system already gives a suggestion based on the domains)
  • Use this structure in your dialog window and fill the input parameters (they don't have to be visible on the screen)
  • The WD runtime environment will automatically determine your search help via the data dictionary
  • Your input values should now be accessible in the search help exit (In parameter SHLP-INTERFACE or with Function module F4UT_PARAMETER_VALUE_GET)

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards,

Karsten

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

You can achieve this by two ways.

1) OVS --> SAPTechnical.COM - OVS help in the WebDynpro application

2) If you want to use search-help, then you need to write search help exit.-->Demo on Search help exit for the material

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I think that you need to use OVS value Help to fill value at runtime.

Please refer to the link below for more information:

OVS Value Help - Developing Web Dynpro ABAP Applications - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashvin