cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability Study sample labels

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our company is struggling with Stability Study label printing which we can't seem to tackle, so I'm hopeful that someone out here can help me out.

The issue in a nutshell:

As is typical for a Stabnlity Study, tests are being performed at pre-defined time points (i.e. after 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 18 months). For each of these time points a storage condition can be determined (pre-Stability Study set up master data).

Using transaction QM02 (Stability Study cockpit program) it is possible to print sample labels for the samples used in the study. When selecting the print label option in the menu, user has to define the storage condition for which he wants to print the labels.At this point however SAP will print the sample labels for all time points in this storage condition even if past inspections have already concluded (Usage Decision taken).

Example: For time point 18 months 20 sample labels are required for storage condition -20 C, but when selecting this storage condition, I won't get just my 20 sample labels for time point 18, but also 20 samples for each of the previous times point (3 months, 6 months, 9 months) = 60 additional labels.

You can imagine the larger the stability study, the bigger the undesirable effect of the amount of redundant labels printed. We have situations that SAP 100-500 unwanted labels.

Note that these samples and their labels can not be used/changed via the regular SAP sample\label transactions due their sample type & category.

My questions:

- Has anyone experienced the same? If so, how did you resolve the issue of redundant label printing?

- Does someone know of a way to ensure only labels are printed of that specific time point/storage condition/inspection lot instead of the larger total? (QPR4 or related transactions do not seem to work).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and response and please let me know when additional info or explanation is required.

Kind regards,

Joeri Loonen

SAP Process team Animal Health Mfg & Supply Chain, Global Solutions Delivery, Animal Health IT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you said that printing of labels and its logic lie only on storage conditon. My suggestion is here during printing of labels you need to put some more filters like period based on your startegy.

System first will check storage condition and then check the current period according to schedule strategy and then only print the labels fro the selected one.

Here improvement in print program is required. sojust take the help of technical person and build the logic according to your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While printing the labels you have a choice to give the number of labels and select the storage

condition and then give print command,this is standard.You have to check in the print program the

logic for printing the labels.Standard SAP print behaves as i have mentioned above.

CSN

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

Thank you for the prompt response. I am aware about the # of label field that you can enter, but that won't resolve my issue, as it will print 1x10 labels (in the scanrio that I'd have 10 time points), rather than just the single one for a specific time point.

I will have another look into the program logic with a developer to see what's possibly can be done there. It's been a while since I last discussed it with a programmer and we've got some new ones available so that could potentially open up new insights.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,

Joeri Loonen

SAP Process team Animal Health Mfg & Supply Chain, Global Solutions Delivery, Animal Health IT