cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In File Upload the file name disappears once a drop-down option is chosen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a pop-up which contains File Upload UI element, an input field and a drop-down list. After specifying the file path, if i choose an option from the drop-down list, the file path disappears. However, the context attribute still holds the file path but at the UI level its not visible to the user. Please let me know what could be done for that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deebika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop & Heidi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It was really helpful.

When contacted the framework people, they informed that once a file name is being specified in the client and a roundtrip is performed, in the meantime the file gets uploaded to the server. The file path is reset afterwards, in order to prevent the file from being transferred again and again.

Regards,

Deebika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">documentation</a>, especially the section on technical browser details.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deebika,

I had similar issue and was told by framework guys that it is done for security reasons, i dont know what security reasons although. So I dont think if we can do anything about this.

Regards,

Anoop