Shipping Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on Leg determination where i came across in shipment type doc

Determine Legs:Blank

0:only determine assignment of deliveries

1:legs determine according to departure& dest point

2;pre-leg per loading point , subseq leg per ship point

3:Determine pre-lim leg & sub-leg by delivery note

4:As1 ,but ship tye for pre-lim & sub leg changeable

Suggest me which options to be maintained in Process Control, Leg indicator

Because I am getting o/p with Leg indicator : Main Leg, DirectLeg.

Process Control : Individual with multi mode of transport &,collective with single,mlutiple

Actually when i am maintaining Individual shipment the o/p is displaying when executed with Determine Legs option : 2 Pre-leg per loading point,sub-seq leg per ship point.In Individual shipment only one departure 7 destination.But here a transportation chain in one shipment document.

I already verified help document

I am confused of my own output.that i got on all 2,3,4 determinations

Kindly provide your valuable answer .

Regards

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MK M,

How the system determines the leg for a shipment depends on the leg categories you defined in your shipment type.

Refer to the below for the different categories available:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/93/743f46546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Refer to the below for the automatic leg determination process flow:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/93/743f00546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Refer to the below for examples of automatic leg determination:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/93/743f27546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regards,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique

Thanks for your valuable reply

I worked on these help document & examples.

Please help me on maintenance of 2 fields Leg Indicator, Process Control in connection with Leg Determination categories 0,1,2,3,4.

I got o/p for all these Leg Det cat according to their own functionality of 0,1,2,3,4.But i am not sure exactly of fields Leg Indicator, Process Control to be maintained

Hope you got my point

Regards

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MK,

Thanks for the update!

I hope these documentions help you:

Process Control The field Process Control defines the way the shipment will be planned. The options here are as follows:

• Individual Shipment With Single Mode Of Transport
  • Individual Shipment With Multi Mode Of Transport
  • Collective Shipment With Single Mode Of Transport
  • Collective Shipment With Multi Mode Of Transport

Defining the shipment type

Leg Indicator In the field Leg indicator, you can specify whether a leg is a direct leg of a shipment or whether it is a primary leg, mail leg, or subsequent leg of a transportation chain. If you select Direct Leg or Return Leg, the entire process will be carried out in a single shipment document. However, if you select Primary Leg, Main Leg, or Subsequent Leg, it will be a transportation chain with multiple shipments interlinked to complete the shipment. You can also specify the transportation type of the preliminary and subsequent legs through the fields ShTypePrelimLeg and SubseqLegShType.

Determine Legs Using the field Determine Legs, you can select a rule; based on this, the system then tries to structure the legs of the shipment. For example, if you choose type 1 (1: Legs Determined According To Departure Point & Itinerary) for a collective shipment, leg determination will be carried out on the basis of the sequence of departures and destinations. In other words, assume there are two deliveries in a shipment. Both originate from the same shipping point, 9001, in Los Angeles. The first delivery is being sent to a customer in New York. The other is being shipped to New Jersey, which is near New York. The first leg of the journey is from Los Angeles to New York (carrying both the deliveries). After the first delivery is offloaded at the customer’s location, the subsequent leg is from New York to New Jersey (with the second delivery only). In the shipment document, if you click Leg Determination, the system will check the points of origin and destination of each delivery and automatically propose the stages of the journey. You can override or modify the proposal manually. Note that leg determination is not an optimization algorithm. Rather, it is a simple tool to help create legs on the basis of rules that you specify.

Please also refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/93/743f00546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Cheers,

Enrique

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone through the "Examples" by pressing F1 for that field?

G. Lakshmipathi