cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly added InfoObject/dimension is not showing in IDT...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I had a business requirement of added "FISCAL QUARTER" into the "Historical Data of five years" of 7 Info-cubes and 2 MultiProviders. I did load the historical data into all Info-cubes successfully with addition of new Info Object (FISCAL QUARTER).

But on IDT when I checked my Universe after refreshing Data Foundation Layer and used the option: Inserting Candidate Object on business layer, the newly added dimension was showing in the all "Universes" which were based on Info Cubes. But this newly added dimension/Info-object was not showing on "Universes" which are based on "MultiProvider" and instead I have been facing error message "Updating Business Layer".

I have detect joins in Data Foundation, Detect Cardinalities, Detect Aliases,Detect Keys and refresh structure in data foundation but nothing happening.

Your suggestions appreciated:

Jawad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu Dasari:

We have checked that in both t-code LISTCUBE and

SE16 -> Table Name :RSDICMULTIIOBJ

InfoCube: MP Name

Objvers: A

Unfortunately we haven't found the newly added dimension in above options. 

But the dimension is present in Infocube TABLE.

Now please guide where we went wrong and what necessary steps should we do further to get that dimension in IDT.

Thanks

JAWAD

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

MultiProvider is a special InfoProvider which combine data from several InfoProviders for its own reporting, without actually holding any physical data itself (i.e. its data comes exclusively from the InfoProviders on which it is based)

In the BW System:

1. T.code: RSA1 – InfoProviders – Search the multi provider – Right click and select change- Check the related infoproviders selected and check objects settings.

For more info about multi provider find the below link.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/40bf4497ea1d0fe10000000a42189c/content.htm

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jawad,

Since you have checked that newly added IO is not available into any dimension of MulitProvider. Please perform following steps:

1. First drag and drop the required InfoObject from the InfoCube to MultiProvider into your desired

Dimension/Folder of MulitProvider.

2. Next right click on the InfoObject and click on Identify (Assign) and here just tick the option for the

respective InfoCube or for all.

3. Activate your MultiProvider

4. Check using T:Code: LISTCUBE or Right mouse click on MuliProvider and go to Display Data

Hope you will see your newly added with data.

Thanks!

Tariq Ashraf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Find the below note for more info.

1770390 - Changes to BW characteristic are not recognized in the Information Design Tool (IDT)

1567939 - When a Universe object is changed to not be available it can still be added to the query when double clicked on in the Web Intelligence Rich Client and Java Report Panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu Dasari:

Kindly explain 1770390. As I have implemented the same changes from BW in IDT in other projects which are not Multi-providers Info cubes.

Secondly I have created a new relational connection, data foundation and business layer on same muti-provider info cube but still didn't able to see the new dimension from BW. On the other hand in BW tables I can see this dimension.

Thirdly I am not using WEBE or Java report panel. I want to use this dimension in Dashboard, for that I badly need it in IDT before publishing.

Your Help appreciated:

Jawad

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if you created new a new relational connection, data foundation and business layer on same muti-provider info cube but still didn't able to see the new dimension from BW.

It shows check BW side , in the  multi provider have the new added characteristics/key fig’s in the T.Code : LISTCUBE.

SE16 -> Table Name :RSDICMULTIIOBJ

InfoCube: MP Name

Objvers: A

Check newly added objects are listed or not.