cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of multiple Applications for single webdynpro component in ABAP WEB DYNPRO

0 Kudos

I am working on a object which have multiple webdynpro applications for single webdynnpro component.How to assign a different functionality to each application bcoz when we right click on webdynnpro component and select create webdynpro applications ,it just creates a application how so we assign diff functionality to each of them .Also in the parameter tab of the webdynpro applications ,there is a diff config id mentioned for each application.what is its relavance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

thanks for repaly.

I am working on FPM Application,

In this I have 4  views.

My Req is based on condition i want display the views.

where i have to write the code .

please give sample code.

And i have to put one more button in floor plan designe level, for that button where i have to create event handler method.

please give sample code for me step by step, urjent for me.

Sam.

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

please refer this for navigating between different views in a webdynpro application.

In case if you want to add a button at toolbar, it can be added at toolbar level and same event handler can be coded at PROCESS_EVENT of the corresponding GUIBB.

Regards,

Harsha

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Did your issue get resolved?

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

NO My issue not Resolved.....

still going on.......

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Different functionalities for a single webdynpro component can be achieved by many ways. Among them is the use of multiple applications. Say for example if you want different views/windows to be displayed at the start up, you can achieve it by specifying at the default window, for each every webdynpro application.

And if you want control the fields, say for example you want to display input fields as editable for one application and read only for other application, you can achieve it through application parameters. Based on parameters, in HANDLEDEFAULT method of window controller , you can specify the type of behaviour , whether it has to editable or not based on parameters and same can be used at context binding of UI properties. 

Application configuration can be used for personalization.. This tutorial would help you understanding the concept much better. There can be multiple application configurations for a single application.

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

thanks for reply , For example you want to display input fields as editable for one application and read only for other application, you can achieve it through application parameters. Based on parameters, in HANDLEDEFAULT method of window controller , you can specify the type of behaviour , whether it has to editable or not based on parameters and same can be used at context binding of UI properties. How to achieve this Req, i need step by step plz.

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create two applications viz, zapp1, zapp2.

1.Go to parameters tab of the application zapp1 & create a application attribute EDIT  of type WDY_BOOLEAN and value as ' '.

2.Go to parameters tab of the application zapp2 & create a application attribute EDIT  of type WDY_BOOLEAN and value as 'X'.

3. Go to component controller and create a node and a attribute READONLY of type WDY_BOOLEAN .

4.Now, in Window controller , goto HANDLEDEFAULT method and create a importing parameter EDIT  of type WDY_BOOLEAN. Map the node created in Component controller to window controller.

5.Now in HANDLEDEFAULT method, write the logic as follows.

IF EDIT EQ 'X'.

"Set attribute READONLY to ' '. " enable editing

ELSE.

"set attribute READONLY to ' X'. "disable editing.

ENDIF.

6. In view controller, assign this READONLY attribute to all input fields, READONLY property.

This would help you to set fields, editable or not by two two different applications.

Regards,

Harsha