cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PGP encrypted e-mails from HCM via SAP PO Secure Connectivity Add-On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are having a requirement to send PGP encrypted e-mails from HCM. As SAP Standard does not support PGP encryption, we are considering the possibility of using the Secure Connectivity Add-on of SAP PO, targeting a Scenario like the below.

Has anyone dealt with similar scenario? I'm wondering on the Setup on HCM and the Receiver side in PO? Would such scenario work with a Proxy? What I mean is, is it possible to redirect the E-Mail message from HCM via Proxy to SAP PO?

Every feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

You will not be able to use SAPConnect with Proxy as these are using different protocols. SAPConnect is for emails, whilst Proxy is using the SOAP (XI3.0) protocol.

If you want to use proxy, then you need to generate the client proxy class and have a custom logic to call that class.

If you still want to send it through email from HCM, then you should use a sender mail adapter on PO.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

thanks for that. Unfortunatelly using the Sender mail adapter on PO side is not an option due to security/confidentialitiy reasons.

What could be used instead of Proxy in combination with SAPConnect other then sender mail adapter?

Could you give some more details about your suggestion to generate the client proxy class and have a custom logic to call that class? How would I do that?

Regards

Thomas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

SAPConnect is tied to the email protocol, so AFAIK there is no other choice besides mail adapter.

If you skip the SAPConnect part and use a proxy directly, you can generate an outbound proxy (client proxy) in your HCM system based on a service interface definition from PI's ESR.

Below are some more information about proxy generation and development. You can find more on SCN by searching "outbound proxy".

ABAP Proxy outbound program - purchase order send - Community Profiles - SCN Wiki

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

thanks, will look into your Suggestion and try that way.

Thomas

Answers (0)