cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing for retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

Currently, my company is a whole sale company, we are not running R3 Retail now. But we are planning to start a project to connect our R3 system to a online store system. The online store system is a platform that consumer can directly place the order and track the delivery status. This is a typical retail scenario.

It is very likely that we will not have the SAP retail module active for this project. I read some post in this forum with regarding SAP retail: a common way to handle retail is a direct material consumption posting with movementyp 251 and a billing document creation based on the IDOC document. But this request some configuration in SAP retail, POS,inbound profile, etc. Is this correct?

My question is, we are considering to do similar things, but without activating SAP retail.

1. post a material document with mty 251

2. create a billing document

We may use the IDOC or RFC to accomplish this, is this possible? And can someone advise what is the billing document type for this kind of posting? Thanks for any advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is very interesting scenario in Retail, you are not going to use SAP online store (CRM) or SAP SRS but you will use third party or inhouse store system?

Although I believe SAP online store(CRM) or SAP SRS or POSDM is better option

you can study the following IDOCs

1) IDOC basic type WPUUMS01 -POS interface: Upload sales data (compressed)

2) IDOC basic type WPUWBW01- POS interface: Upload goods movements

This idoc is generated by POSDM, but you can map and generate the IDOC from your application.

Thanks

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh.

Yes, we are not going to use SAP CRM or SRS.

The online store is a national wise platform where the consumer can place the order directly to us ( lot of Brand open the stores on the platform, B2C scenario, so this is a very important channel). You can imagine it as a POS in internet. But this store is only receiving the orders, no follow-on functions- dispatch the orders, pick, pack - these activities need to be handeled by a 3rd party software which strenth is the e-commerce business. What we need to do is to connect the 3rd party software (OMS + WMS) to our SAP. We are considering to transfer the sales and shipping information back to SAP periodically to generate a 251 material document plus a billing document.(as the pick/pack PGI is dealt in 3rd part WMS, i dont see the necessarity to have the sales order in SAP, right?) So we may have the interface to the OMS system to fetch the sales information and the shipping status. I dont have much experience on this, so asking for some technical detail here.

1. First of all, i am wondering if this is feasible...

2. Billing type... is it possible to create the billing without the delivery and sales document

Thanks...

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for late reply

yes WPUUMS01 is for external billing only it doesn't require sales order or delivery, it is used to create billing document

you can refer

SAP Best Practices for Retail 

Specifically 771 to 778 for POS IDOC.

Also refer SPRO->Sales and Distribution->POS Interface->Inbound

Thanks

Jitesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack.

IDOC or RFC to accomplish this, is this possible..

Or POS Inbound IDOC Processing Tcode:  WPUK (pos simulation)  so you can crete this inbound idoc after Tcode: BD87  saved idoc number  process

if IDOcs are in error - user  Tcode : WPER to  fix and process...

Regards,

Cem ATES

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I supposed you can consider it as a credit sales transaction.

The posting can still comes back thru RFC or web servicves.

Document type commonly used are

a. F2

b. G2

c.  L2

d. RE

Please try it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Further question: Can a billing document be created without a delivery or a sales document?