cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stapling a production order (co03) after printing (Hex EndHex )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPers,

I m currently stuck facing a problem, which is stappling after printing.

So after i looked in so many documents, i found out at first that i should write the Command to staple in the Langage of the Printer, in my SAPSCRIPT as the last command my script will have the execute, the commande is @PJL SET FINISH=STAPLE and it should be written between a 'HEX' and 'ENDHEX' so sapscript won't modify it and send it directly to the printer.

I also found that i should convert my command to hexadecimal and put it between the hex endhex !! but How?

If anyone could Help me any kind of help would be rewarded and very appreciated.

so my printer is KoC360-S01

Modèle : Konika Minolta bizhub C360
Driver : KOC360J1 : bizhub C360 Series PS ShiftJIS

And the Langage i should send the command in is PCL, but not sure

Regards,

Mathias.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just loaded KOC360A2 PCL device type into system and, lo and behold, the advanced print options are available! (I'm on NW 702)

You should really investigate, if those work and if yes - don't do HEX-this-ENDHEX-that in the form. In the worst case (users refuse to activate the stapling function manually) duplicate the output device, pre-select stapling option and implore them to be more cooperative by simply selecting the "right printer"

Please, Konica-Minolta, accept my sincerest apologies for airing my "groundless suspicions" in that regard But you should really invest in creating SAP PostScript device types for the rest of... err... global marketplace, too. Nobody wants to volunteer to be the proverbial Konica-Minolta tech guy having to make the darned thing work for kids all day long...

cheers

Jānis

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess I'll bite, but I'm very weary of anything that has Konica-Minolta on it, after having had to do their work with device type for "always nice" business users of one client... It wasn't their fault they were given a Konica-Minolta

Have you tried simply converting @PJL SET FINISH=STAPLE using any online text-to-hex converter? I come to this hex string: 40504a4c205345542046494e4953483d535441504c45

You might need to convert that to uppercase. Then, by the looks of it, you'd need to put something like this in the SapScript text element:

/: HEX TYPE thisshouldstaple

/* This should staple the stuff on Konica-Minolta if all is well

/* Dear Hasso, dear Konica-Minolta!

/* I'm confused... is it 21 century out there or what!?

/* I mean, what's next?

/* Regards, Mathias

/= 40504A4C205345542046494E4953483D535441504C45

/: ENDHEX

Honestly, I wouldn't put it in the form... because it's atrocious "solution" even if it works. Form is supposed to be device independent and this is plain abuse in my programmer's Koran! Let the customer pressure Konica-Minolta to work with SAP to provide... err, what's the phrase I'm looking for... somewhat humane access to all the advanced features via advanced print options in the device type! I'm not holding my breath, but have you checked if those are available perhaps..?

Speaking of device type: that's a Postscript device type you have mentioned, not PCL... and it's for Japanese... Is that really what you need? Konica-Minolta will "swindle" oblivious customers into taking Postscript capable device for printing from SAP and then they provide Postscript device type only for Japanese!!!

cheers,

Jānis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

thank you for your message, somehow very helpfull.

seems like you were holding so much against the system and i gave you the opportunity to express your opinion ^^ ( something that i approuve ).

About Konica-Minolta i sent a mail to their hotline, asking about the language i should write my code in, and they answered that it was a PCL, i still didn't test that's why i can't tell YET.

Also, i have the printer already loaded and the problem is that the client is not able to staple his papers even if he had the check box staple left = 'X', that's why he wants something included in the form to staple automatically, when the driver is not being able to do it by itself.

BUT, i just verified something today and i found out that, it's about a SMARTFORM not a sapscript, so do you have any suggestion about that? because i ve been reading around the network and i found that i should create a COMMAND in the smartforms and put in it my PCL commandes (or an INCLUDE texte type filled with the hexacode **** pcl ) so the smartforms will send it to the printer to get the job done.

One last thing, my client want to limit the printing only to that printer to avoid any errors if sending the code to an other one so i was wondering(before verifiying ) if the printer is mentionned somewhere before sap prints like when it calls the smartform or setting the printing options (in the debogger).

And before i finish, i just wanted to let you know that the last paragraphes of your answers are the best because you seriously write what Konica needs to hear ( or READ xD ).

thank you so much for you answers.

Regards.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesn't work..? Hmm, why does it not surprise me... Let's try to fix it, but I'd suggest we try to fix it in the device type first. Because we need to verify somehow if that PJL (not PCL) command works at all... I feel that doing it via device type first is a better bet.

First please read through the Note 1049778 - Additional print options for SAPscript/Smart Forms, the restrictions part.

The note says:

The new print options are available in both the SAPscript print dialog and the Smart Forms print dialog only if:

(..)

- The print dialog is called directly from the SAPscript or Smart Composer

This means that you cannot select any print options if an application calls the print dialog itself.

and

A default setting of the administrator for a print option in transaction SPAD takes effect only if the user explicitly opens the screen with the list of options in the print dialog.

Remark to SAP people responsible: oh, puhleeeze - why do you guys keep doing stuff like this..? Was there really no other way? Do we need to mail and Hasso Plattner to get this fixed up so it's simple and somewhat humane? 

Then, please check with your Basis folks whether Note 1913771 - "Zusätzliche Druckoptionen (POSS) funktionieren nicht" might be applicable for your SAP kernel version and patch level. For those who don't read German... it basically says that the advanced print options do not function anymore, if I'm interpreting it correctly, from 7.21 onward...

Then please read through Print Options for SAPscript and SAP Smart Forms, the part about editing the options using program RSPOPOSS_SET. I was able to fix the forth option for Stapling in KOC360A2 as follows:

You obviously can put your own comment, but leaving it out seems not to be possible - two commands are expected, courtesy of Takashi, if I understood correctly

The sequence I used was:

- type in device type, press "Load From DB"

- "Stapling", 3 times "Next"

- type in the stuff, "Save", "Ok"

- "write to DB", confirm, "OK", confirm

So I have this now in print dialog:

Remember, if I'm reading the notes correctly, the functionality appears to work only if you let the smartform itself handle the print options dialog. But we want to verify if the PJL command works in principle... That means: create a simple smartform and run it in test mode.

I'll read up on SF COMMAND and get back to you - haven't used that before. The form ought to have been device independent...

cheers

Jānis

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, as far as I understand, using smartform COMMAND node, the only way to send printer commands to printer would be to:

1) define a new Print-Control ID in Transaction SPAD Full Administration->Device types->Display (for print controls)

2) assign and define the Print-Control in the respective Device Type

3) assign the Print-Control ID to Smartform Command Node

A bit better solution than HEX ENDHEX, because you can control in COMMAND node for which device types it should be executed...

Where the trouble can arrise is: if I'm understanding the PJL reference correctly, one can not of course simply intersperse "random" PJL commands within PCL or Postscript print stream... The content of Print-Control should normally be, depending on device type, Postscript or PCL commands and not the PJL, in other words.

I don't have much time ATM to experiment, but maybe would be possible to somehow send several commands (swithch from PCL to PJL; PJL stapling command; switch from PJL back to PCL) using one Print-Control...

Please let me know if you want to pursue the COMMAND route and what (if any...) help you'd need with defining the Print-Controls.

cheers

Janis