Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check indicators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i goto se93 input mm02 transaction and goto utilitites->authorization for called transaction i can see some check indicators maintaiend for some transactions,i can see for some transactions they are not maintaiend ,and some in check status,wats the role of these check indicators while assigning a trasncation mm02 to roles ,and please do let me know how to change the status of these not maintained check indicators

Regards,

Gowthi

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

The 'check indicators' are necessary for authorization check.When you run MM02,the field values of those authorization objects will be checked against your user master;if it is satisfied then only you are able to run MM02.

To change these check indicators run SU24 - give tcode and execute.Select the TCode and clk on 'check indicator' -> change.You can change by clicking on the values besides tick mark.

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

Check indicators show the type of auth object check:

<b>U – Unchecked</b>

Check indicator is not set

PFCG does not propose the object for maintenance

<b>N – No Check</b>

No active check

<b>C – Check</b>Check is performed

<b>CM – Check/Maintain</b>

Check is performed

PFCG proposes the object for maintenance

So only the objects whoes status is check/maintained will be pulled into your role.

To change these check indicators run SU24 - give tcode and execute.

Select the TCode and click on 'check indicator' -> change.

You can change by clicking on the values besides tick mark.

<b>Note</b> Be careful while you are changing the status, as any change will affect all the role wherever the transaction is being used. You need to have proper approvals before you can do any change at SU24 level.

Hope it helps.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & regards,santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply,can you please let me know wat is the purpose of having a lot of transactions in se97 when i input mm02 and execute,i comes with some transactions ,and also what is the check indicator P ,if i give authorization to mm02 for the user,is it necessary that i need to give authorization to certain transactisons that is shown for me in se97 with mm02 as input

0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

You can give access to MM02 only by selecting appropriate Role/Profile.There is no need to give access to all TCodes.

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

SE97 will list the other transaction that are hit when you try to run a transaction. <b>But you dont need to assign the other transactions which are listed in SE97. </b>

Hope it helps.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samir,

Thanks i can asign mm02 to particular users,but can you pleas tell me what for called transcations are maintained in se97 for mm02 transaction,wat purpose they serve,i can see some hundreds of called transactions in se97 for mm02,can you brief the purpose,

Regards,

Gowtham

0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

I agree with Santhosh.The TCodes that are listed in SE97 are all transactions that can be run after running MM02.Those are called transactions i.e. Transactions that can be called from MM02 e.g. you can find similar tcodes in SE97 for SU01 - one such will be PFCG.Now you run SU01 and goto Profile tab.When you double click on the Profile name another session will open containing the Profile information through PFCG.Hope it explains your query.

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

Thanks for ur update,wat is the meaning of "HIT" ,how does that check is performed ,can u jus brief tat , much eager to know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

That was a gr8 answer ,Thanks a lot for your info, i was breaking my head from morning ,avoid my previous message

Regards,

Gowtham,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samit,

For su01 u said there are so many called transactiosn like PFCG, ....,bt there is one tcode called PO10 in unchecked status in su01 called transactions ,so it means if i give authorization to su01 in one role it automatically gives authorization Po10 also since it s in un checked status, Is that so ?

Regards,

Gowtham