Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Component Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I created 2 DC's

I added DC A as a used DC to DC B .

When I try running a View from DC A everything work fine.

When I try to activate the my activity I get the following error:

Metadata of component Test is not valid! ComponentUsage

Role "UsedComponent": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required

Component Test [WDTest]: Component usage has no used component

What am I doing wrong

Thanks

Theo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I faced the same problem and solved it!

The way out is:

- After you add usage of used DC in DC MetaData, go to WD Components -> YourComponent -> Used WD Components -> RightClick -> Add Used Component. Add your used dc here.

IF YOU SIMPLY Embed an existing component on the diagram view of your wd component - IT DOESDN'T WORK and behave the way it was describe above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theo,

Delete the usage and recreate it. Make sure all files are added to the activity. Do a DC reload+rebuild. And if necessary, repair the window as the error suggests. Make sure the DC B is already checked into the DTR.

Thanks,

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

When you say never used the component , In my case the only task I perform with the used component is to render a view in an embedded view set.

Here the code which I use to create my component

wdThis.wdGetWDCLCompComponentUsage().createComponent();
wdThis.wdGetCreateComponent_WDCLCompAction().setEnabled(false);
wdThis.wdGetCreateComponent_WDCLCompAction().setEnabled(true);
wdThis.wdFirePlugOutbound_WDCLComp();

And Here the error log when I try to activate the code

[wdgen] [Warning] Metadata of component FindPatients is not valid! ComponentUsage "//WebDynpro/Component:com.aramco.sao.scc.mdfs.app.FindPatients/ComponentUsage:WDCLComp", Role "UsedComponent": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required

[wdgen] [Error] Component FindPatients: Has invalid component usage 'WDCLComp'

[wdgen] [Error] NavigationTargetReference com.aramco.sao.scc.mdfs.app.FindPatientsViewUsage1_Outbound_WDCLComp_1: Link has no target (Hint: Repair Window)

[wdgen] [Error] ViewUsage com.aramco.sao.scc.mdfs.wdcl.comp.WDCLWindowInterfaceViewWDCLCompUsage1: Embedded View/InterfaceView is missing (Hint: Repair Window)

[wdgen] [Error] Component FindPatients [WDCLComp]: Component usage has no used component

Thanks

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theo,

I have a similar error did you ever resolve it?

Thanks,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wael,

maybe it is no more actual. Anyway I had the same problem.

In my case the problem was, that the defined public part of DC A was only locally defined (it was not added to DTR and so the CMS build failed).

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my CMS is configured correclty.

What I mean by test it . I can deploy the whole App to my local J2EE instance and it work. I only start getting errors when I activate my code by means of doing a checkin.

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi theo

What kind of error do u get. Maybe it is not able to build the dependent components. Can you tell what error you get while doing a checkin. We have done it here and never faced the problem except in the case of a dependency check , it fails.

Check if your child component is deployed properly.

Also please post the error message you get when you do a checkin.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theo

You will get this error when you include some development components in Used DC's and you never user them in the component.

Check in the Used DC's whether you have included any DC's. If you have included check whether they are used in the component.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I follow these steps to add a use webdynpro component to my app. When I test it locally it works fine .

I get these build error when I do a CMS build avtivate my activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

is your CMS configured correctly. When you say locally are you meaning that you have created a local Development component and it works fine.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi theo

Let me know if you have done the following steps.

1. Build and Deploy DC A

2. Create a public part in DC A

3. Add the created public part as UsedDC's in DC B

4. In DC B under used webdynpro components define the usage of component DC A.

Then build and deploy DC B. It should work fine.

regards

Ravi