cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Synchronous interface data from Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am working on a report to report synchornous timeouts to the management. Though I can see the synchronous messages for classical and ICO scenarios in message monitoring. I cannot find those messages using msg_id i get from message moniroting audit_log in bc_msg or bc_msg_audit table.

Can someone let me know from which table can I pull this information.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to analyse this, did a poc and what i found was.

When i was creatingan Asynchronous ICO and running it. An entry was getting created in bc_msg table.

But

When i was creating a Synchronous ICO and running it. No entries were created in bc_msg table. I have also tried after enabling the logging and storing using the "user scenario specific configuration" option, still no luck. No entries were found in bc_msg table.

I too wonder where the information will be stored.

Regards

Osman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone who can solve this mystery?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI

Synchronous messages are only logged in BC_MSG_LOG without a corresponding entry in BC_MSG table. Therefore these entries have their own retention period specified in parameter "messaging.log.retainTime" under service XPI Service: Messaging System. The value specified here is in days and by default these logged message versions are persisted for 7 days. The logged versions of synchronous messages will also be deleted by the standard PI message deletion job and no additional job has to be scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant find any table with name bc_msg_log on java stack. I see bc_msg_syslog but that contains only the errors.

Thanks

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you enable logging for sync messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure. i can check and get back. but regardless..I can see the synchronous messages for classical and ICO scenarios in message monitoring. So this information has to be stored somehwere...right?

or is it in the cache?