cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD for batch managed material in source inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

when making the usage decision for source inspection lot. the usage decision can't be made until a batch is specified.meanwhile the business owner creates the batch during goods receipt if the source inspection is successful.

how can we make the usage decision for a source inspection lot  without specifying a batch ??

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just assign a vendor batch in PO and when you save your PO source inspection lot created w,r,t Vendor batch and you can close it by providing UD. make sure your setting are perfect as per your requirement in configuration of QM in Procurement.

For now, Just provide the batch as you mentioned in your querry that business created a batch @ GR so insert it and closed it.

Above solutions are perfect one without batch you can't process it. either at start or later u need to give batch during UD if your material is batch managed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

even  when specifying batch in the purchase order before source inspection lot generation . still in the usage decision batch assignment is required . note that the generated source inspection lot is already carrying the vendor batch present in the purchase order.

is there any thing missing with configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you entered the batch that you have generated during GR in source inspection lot. ??

U need to provide the GR batch, as i have checked vendor batch make no sense at source inspection or GR lot.if your material is batch managed.

regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read this SAP help?  It seems to indicate a batch number is not necessary.

Source Inspection - QM in Procurement (QM-PT-RP-PRC) - SAP Library

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the materials are batch managed then you must specify a batch before giving the Usage Decision.

This batch can be the batch of the vendor and when GR is done you can create a new batch and

attach the batch to the GR or you can continue with the sam ebatch number.

Without batch number system will not allow to do usage decision.

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenath,

where should I specify the batch number? in the purchase order or in the source inspection lot?

because although  I specified a vendor batch in the vendor batch field , I still can't take usage decision as the batch field is empty..

Am I missing something??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give the batch in the PO else you can give it in the UD screen.Vendor batch field will not reflect in the originnal batch of UD screen

CSN

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this particular lot specify the batch in inspection lot. and then make UD and for  future use always specifies vendor batch in PO before lot generation as suggested in link provided by Craig S.

Manish