cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor approval for outside operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to define a process for vendor approval for an external operation. We have service operations on our production orders and we are not using the 04 but only the 03 inspection type. Since the service operation is for account assignment F (production order) and does not have a material as a line item, how do I prevent the 101 goods receipt for the production order in case of an unapproved vendor was sent the service operation. Usually businesses do this as they have a vendor who is approved for other processes and hence the assumption is that he will eventually be approved and is good enough for an additional process. So they purchase at risk. If we had a 04 inspection type I could have given a one time skip MIC for the vendor approval and controlled it there. But since we dont have 04 inspeciton type how do I control this.

I am pretty sure this is a common scenario and someone on this forum might have had implemented this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. vendor approval for procurement

No suitable solution in SAP ERP.

It can be covered through SRM system.

2. approval for service

Accepting for service entry sheet.

You can cotrol the vendor invoice based on accepted or not.

Regards

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the automatic goods movement via order confirmation.

And, an user exit(at the time of confirmation) can be used to fulfill your requirement of vendor approval.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use scheduling agreement for your vendor approval process. For approved vendor you can set your rules and grouped all approved vendors in scheduling agreement. based on that system will take only those vendors from that grp and depend upon terms and contracts w.r.t scheduling line system will allow for PO.

I am not a MM consultant but yes you can take this as refference and ask MM consultant how to execute the same in your case.

Secondly for vendor approval you have any process like testing of its product or service or any document verification etc. ?

if it is there then just maintain the Q- Info and put quality controls over vendor master. w/o quality approval system won't allow to use the unapproved vendor.

Regards